Problems with Virgin v6 & BenQ w2700 Picture

LJP1972

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm in desperate need of your expertise and advise.

I recently bought the BenQ W2700 4K UHD projector to replace a very old one. It is connected to the Virgin v6 box by a 15m HDMI cable which is also quite old so I believe that the best picture quality I can hope for is HD. I am replacing the old HDMI with a Fibre Optic HDMI to replace it

Amazon product ASIN B07R2KVTGG

The problem I'm getting is that there is no picture at all being projected using the current HDMI, I just get a black screen. The whole system worked perfectly with my old projector. And when I plug the Xbox One S into the projector using the same old 15m cable it works fine, albeit in HD. Is there a setting I'm missing or do I just have to wait for the Fibre HDMI for it to work?

Thanks in advance for your help

Sending 2160p over a 15m cable is very different to sending 1080p over the same cable - try moving things around so you can use a shorter HDMI cable.

Joe

Thanks for your reply Joe but that wasn't really an option.
The Feizlink cable arrived and it's sorted the problem - 4K UHD through a 15m cable, we're all very happy!!

Although I'm only getting 50hz refresh rate, not 60Hz. Seen on other forums that potentially Virgin v6 box doesn't output 60Hz, might this be true?

UK broadcasts are 50Hz so outputting 60Hz is not a 'normal' requirement of any Set-top box aimed at the UK market.

Good that the active fibre cable worked for you.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom