Question Programming remote for Manhattan T3-R to control volume and mute on Denon AVR-X2500H

costeta

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Programming remote for Manhattan T3-R to control volume and mute on Denon AVR-X2500H

I am interested in buying a Manhattan T3-R set top box. I currently have Sky Q and the remote nicely controls the volume and mute on my Denon AVR-X2500H receiver. I would like to do the same with the T3-R. The user guide and web site for the T3_R make mention of the remote being able to be programmed to control TVs but nother devices like receivers.
Does anyone know if what I want to do is possible please?

Thanks

Probably not, they're designed to control various brands of TV's only.

Hi,

actually there are two contenders for my money. The Manhattan T3-R with it's future proofed 4k abilities and the Humax HDR-1100s freesat (non 4k). I've just found a code listing on the Humax web site under the HDR-1100s which has a remote code listing which includes my Denon receiver. Strangely their FVP-5000t Freeview model doesn't have the same listing?

I would be converting from Sky Q and I believe I will need a replacement LNB on my dish if I go for a Humax Freesat box.

Another deciding factor is apps. I currently use Sky Go for live TV on my iphone when away. The Manhattan does not have a similar app but the Humax does but I think live streaming is only on the FVP-5000T Freeview model not the HDR-1100s Freesat model. Interesting and I'll keep you posted

Just stumbled over this. Have switched from Humax FVP-5000 to Manhattan T3-R just now and am very happy with it.

On the subject of the remotes:
Manhattan is a learning remote, no codes to enter. Can't tell whether it'll learn your Denon but my Sony Bravia was learned quickly (Volume up, down, mute, power, signal source select).

On the overall:
Lovin' the Manhattan (based on 30 minutes with it). The user interface is much better readable, much more responsive and much, much more user-friendly than the Humax. I can even select a program from the EPG with a single button, then watch that program within a moment, a second or so. Humax takes more buttons and more seconds, and the user interface is nowhere near as nice and simple. Well, in my opinion anyway.
Can't say whether one has more apps or players than the other.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom