Projector setup advice / HDMI video + Wifi audio (?)

omillier

Novice Member
Hello everyone,

We just moved into a new apartment, and we have decided to invest in a video projector instead of getting a TV.
I need some advice on the setup I have in mind, before I buy the wrong equipment. It might be very straight forward, but I'm not exactly really knowledgeable in the area.

What we are looking to do:
• Image source: Video projector connecting to Apple TV.
• Audio source: Video projector connecting to Onkyo amplifier - This will be across the room, and ideally we'd like to avoid having a cable running across. The amp has built-in Bluetooth and Wifi, is there a way to connect wirelessly to get the sound while getting the image from the Apple TV (via HDMI)? Do most projectors have built-in Wifi?
• We want to be able to watch during the day too, but without having to blackout natural light. Anyone can recommend a decent quality projector to project daytime? Budget is around USD 600 to 700.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks everyone!

Olivier

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Projectors are designed for use in controlled lighting conditions - additionally they produce heat and require a lamp change every so often, varies between projector type/brand.

’Wireless’ video is not an easy task - especially when you go HD or UHD, Epson do have a couple of models you could consider, though they don’t seem to be available in HK.

Your budget is not realistic for a projector to be used as a daily TV.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Netflix in October 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom