Protesters complaining of assault

• Thread starter Deleted member 13294
  • Start date
He could try Russia or Hungary. The former's just had his biffer chum Paul Goldibollocks over at the State Duma for some sort of white supremacist comic-con, called the "International Conference of Peace-loving Forces", seriously!

Ye gods - not this bizarre obsession with Tommy Robinson again.. :rotfl:

It's just so perfect, isn't it? A hardened criminal, repeat offender, trying to claim asylum on extremely dubious grounds because his government is oppressing him. It sounds like the kind of thing he'd make up, but for once it's actually true!

Perhaps his best bet is that he and his family get away to Mexico (might have to borrow further passports), spend a few weeks getting a tan and growing a moustache for disguise, then try crossing the Rio Grande. Am sure he'll have absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Government investigation has ruled that Mark Field did breach the ministerial code when he grabbed a protestor by the neck and dragged her around:

Hopefully this judgement will encourage him to reflect on the error of his ways and perhaps take anger management lessons.

Gate crasher got what she deserved.

Government investigation has ruled that Mark Field did breach the ministerial code when he grabbed a protestor by the neck and dragged her around:

Hopefully this judgement will encourage him to reflect on the error of his ways and perhaps take anger management lessons.
I'm sure if the genders were reversed nothing would have happened but because it was a big overbearing man and she was a tiny little woman he is at fault, the man that pulled that male activist off of the roof of the train won't get punished I bet.

I'm sure if the genders were reversed nothing would have happened but because it was a big overbearing man and she was a tiny little woman he is at fault, the man that pulled that male activist off of the roof of the train won't get punished I bet.
Apparently everyone wants equality, but not when it suits them.

Apparently everyone wants equality, but not when it suits them.
That is a strange position - it isn't acceptable to grab anyone by the throat, regardless of their gender. Mark Field lost control and I think its right that his actions have been condemned by this judgement.

Did he grab her by the throat as I'm sure he had hold of the back of her neck?

Did he grab her by the throat as I'm sure he had hold of the back of her neck?
Either way, its a vulnerable area. Totally inappropriate.

That is a strange position - it isn't acceptable to grab anyone by the throat, regardless of their gender. Mark Field lost control and I think its right that his actions have been condemned by this judgement.
It’s perfectly acceptable when you are ejecting a gate crasher/protester as previously pointed out. Regardless of Gender.

Amazing how the cabinet office, on the one hand, acknowledged he had a split second to decide, yet on the other hand they suggest looking at the footage that in that split second he made the wrong decision.

That definitely creates an environment and society where people won't protect others and will not step in as it may affect them.

Either way, its a vulnerable area. Totally inappropriate.
Not either way, grabbing someone by the throat seems worse than grabbing someone by the neck which is why you phrased it that way. Typical in this day and age.

Amazing how the cabinet office, on the one hand, acknowledged he had a split second to decide, yet on the other hand they suggest looking at the footage that in that split second he made the wrong decision.
I don't think it is amazing, merely the investigation found that Mark Field went so far outside the parameters of what is acceptable as to make even a split second totally inappropriate. Hopefully some anger management classes or counselling will help him overcome these issues.

I don't think it is amazing, merely the investigation found that Mark Field went so far outside the parameters of what is acceptable as to make even a split second totally inappropriate. Hopefully some anger management classes or counselling will help him overcome these issues.
Are you a counselor or have been involved in the decision-making process to determine what is appropriate?

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Cabinet Office investigation found he was “justified in intervening to try to stop” Barker reaching the top table as protesters disrupted the beginning of a speech by Philip Hammond, who was the chancellor at the time.

But the report said that although he had to make a “split-second decision”, he “had the option of simply blocking her way” during the incident in London’s Mansion House in June."

The report says that he was right to intervene, just that he could have done it with a little more self-restraint.

Are you being serious?

Are you being serious?
Yes, of course I am. He lost control of himself and should really try to address that to ensure he doesn't do it again.

Basically, Mark should have done nothing and just stand around like all the others were doing. No action or intervention required.

The women carrying out the protest were dressed and beribboned for the part and no doubt were hoping something would happen which would put their protest in the media headlines. So Mark obliged.

... And the rest, as they say, is history.

No need for anger management or counselling - inappropriate comment there.

Yes, of course I am. He lost control of himself and should really try to address that to ensure he doesn't do it again.
:rotfl:

guessing you have never seen someone really lose it!

you must be a model of restraint, or continually a by-stander.

Sorry for the intrusion
Slightly off topic other than that this it was also caused by a woman probably protesting about something
IMO this constitutes an overreaction as what was the intent in scrambling 2 jets other than to maybe to shoot the plane out of the sky?
perhaps they will have a calm quiet word,sit her down with a cup of tea and tell her not to do it again
Woman arrested on plane at Stansted Airport as sonic boom heard across region

Carry on
Not exactly. She was drunk and dangerous and jailed.

Jailed for two years.

The BBC article is a little kind to her.

Daily Heil points out she was also convicted of drink driving 17 days before. The jets might have been scrambled in error. Maybe they got the message it was a suspected terrorist act.

Jet2 seems to have had to meet the £80k cost.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom