PS plus for my son??

TopGunner82

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Might be a silly question but I’m giving my son my PS4 Pro for Xmas and I’ll have the PS5 by then (hopefully)

ive recently just found out he can’t “share” my PS+ account so he has access to all the old ps+ games over the years I’ve collected but not used.
I’m going to make him his own account and get him 12 months ps+ nearer Xmas but I know he will really want Fallguys which is currently free on +

Can I create a free PlayStation account now and use a free trial to redeem Fallguys now and when it expires just add the 12 months and it will be still there for him to play!!???

I was going to give him my account and all the games but for some reason I want to keep it as got trophies and over 10 years use in it.

You could just continue to game share and I think that would give him access to your PS+ games. But yes also you could make an account now and grab Fallguys and then let the PS+ sub lapse until Crimbo and then when he goes PS+ again he would have access to Fallguys again.

You could just continue to game share and I think that would give him access to your PS+ games. But yes also you could make an account now and grab Fallguys and then let the PS+ sub lapse until Crimbo and then when he goes PS+ again he would have access to Fallguys again.

If I game share we can’t be online at same time??
Might be an issue tbh so if so I’ll just get him a new account. Do you get ps+ free trial still when new account?

Might be an issue tbh so if so I’ll just get him a new account. Do you get ps+ free trial still when new account?

Yup two people can use game sharing and be online at the same time. Im sure there is a thread somewhere on here about it.

Im not sure about the PS+ trial.

You can both play at the same time so something is wrong with your setup.

There are loads of sites and videos on how to set it up correctly.

And a dedicated thread just 9 posts below this very thread

I game share with my teen. He can play online, download all the games from my PS+ and digital purchases since day one of PS4 with his own PSN account. He can even play downloaded Playstation Now games and both at the same time. I simply have his console set as my primary console.

The only thing is I need to be online to play any digital games on my own Pro as it's not my primary, but I'm always online anyway. He also needs to log in to my account to download the games, and as you can't be logged into two PS4's simultaneously, he does this when I'm not playing mine. If he logs in to my account on his console whilst I'm playing mine, it logs me out.

Also whilst he's able to play online, he doesn't show as having plus and doesn't get any additional benefits of it, like cloud saving or extra discounts.

Just need to make the PS4 Pro primary for your PSN account.

Thanks for all the responses!!

I didn’t know you could share like that so might give that a go.

So to be clear I can make him his own profile/username on PSN and he can get online and get trophies etc etc on his account without me having to get him any sort on ps+ as long as I’ve previously logged on his PS4 and set it to the primary console.
We don’t live in the same household but think that’s not an issue being online etc

thanks!!!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom