PS Vita - a new lease of life

TechSavvyBuyer and TechJames channels are also both very good and well worth a watch

Yes they are and are both saved in my Vita folder.
I chanced on the above while searching for something and enjoyed how he did the video.

Finally got around to doing this properly and am pretty impressed by how easy it is to do.

Next to mod will be the PS3 and the PSP 2003 :)

Finally got around to doing this properly and am pretty impressed by how easy it is to do.

Next to mod will be the PS3 and the PSP 2003 :)
found the PSP a little more involved but still easier than I thought it would be.

My Sd2vita card eventually turned up so sorted mine easily enough too. Rolled fw back and stuck with enso.. doing the sd2vita card following the gúides didn't seem to work, so I just went into autoplugin 2 and used that.. worked fine after that.

Loving the PS4 link - didn't think that would work as my PS4 isn't my primary machine but it does.

Now going to try some homebrew out - got a few ready to try including a Zelda type one - looking forward to that.

fired up my PSTV last week for the first time in ages...although it's working as it always did and I even tried getting it hacked which worked fine, Im not sure how much I would use it considering I have multiple consoles around the house....plus my favourite game of the moment (Oddworld, New & Tasty) doesn't actually work on the Vita TV for some reason.

Happened to find the pristine box in the loft with everything inside still sealed and it looks like CEX will give me £63 cash or £77 in vouchers for it...so might swing by today to drop that off.....probably only paid £99 for it so its held its value well and I'm sure the hackability has added value back that...

Now have to decide if there is anything I want from CEX to warrant taking the extra £14 in voucher form

Well the trip to town went well. Lots of (no) social distancing as you’d expect.

Got £77 for the Vita TV in the end and will take in Tearaway for the Vita sometime as they’ll give me £7 voucher for that as well.

So that’s £84 in total which I might put towards a 5th Gen Time capsule which is £100.

Decent trade up for me

Last edited:
Hi,
have looked on CEX website but cannot find trade for PSTV was this just a local offer?

I remember the ps vita tv when they were clearing them out for £10 new should have got one. after they started hacking it you can remove the blacklist of games it will play use usb for storage and run retroarch on it.

I remember the ps vita tv when they were clearing them out for £10 new should have got one. after they started hacking it you can remove the blacklist of games it will play use usb for storage and run retroarch on it.

They certainly do make an amazing emulator box, in truth if I didn’t have a PS3 that can now do the same I’d have kept it but was happy to move it along with 2 Oled Vitas and a couple of “tweaked” PS3’s

I just rolled back from 3.73 to 360 and it went pretty smoothly, the instructions are pretty easy to follow if a little light on information about what each step actually does. The only issue I had was with it recognising my SD2Vita card, but that was down to the config file, apparently the order you put things in is critical and the storage manager likes to be loaded first under kernal, so stick that at the top of the list and not pasted onto the end like I did. My file is below if anyone has the same issue.

# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.

*KERNEL
ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx
ur0:tai/0syscall6.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx

*main
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
ur0:tai/shellbat.suprx
ur0:tai/pngshot.suprx
ur0:tai/download_enabler.suprx

*NPXS10015

*NPXS10016

my mate lent me his vita recently and the motion and touch controls just ruin it for me every game ive played ive just thought this would be so much better on the tv with a dual shock

What u been playing? I don't think I've played one game that relies on or uses touch and motion that much..

What u been playing? I don't think I've played one game that relies on or uses touch and motion that much..
only two I've played that rely on it are Uncharted and Tearaway

Little big planet uses both but only in certain parts of the game, it isn't too badly implemented and its not overdone either.

Not got around to uncharted yet

I know you can shoot in FIFA using the touchpad as that was the cartridge in vita when delivered and tested lol

Currently been sucked into sky force atm.

been playing killzone mercenary, resistance burning skies and uncharted golden abyss

I hate the touch controls perfectly good games ruined by touch controls

I do find that moving a finger around on the rear trackpad while also holding the Vita and using the controls on the front does feel a little off. That said, I am not really playing many Vita games on mine now, its more homebrew and emulation so the touch controls don't see a lot of action anyway. It is such a great little device for that.

finished all three of those games I mentioned earlier all three games would have been better without touch controls

Vita is not for me.

My Vita’s been getting a lot of love during Lockdown. Exclusive titles such as Persona 4 Golden and Soul Sacrifice are still brilliant. :smashin:

Just read through this old thread. As mentioned I also bought on release.
I dug my vita out a few weeks ago, not sure why. I remembered why I thought it was going to be so good, it wasn't in my opinion but hey ho.
I always wanted to use for remote play but I remember it being bad. Tried again recently and it was unplayable. Realised my ps4 is connected over WiFi so got a few home plugs last night set up today gave it a go and fifa played perfect!
I'm yet to get call off duty but if this works I might finally love my vita after all these years!
Call of duty in the garden, dream!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom