PS3 turns ON but displays blank screen.

apoorvasheth

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have Sony PS3, Sony 65X8500D 4K HDR TV, Harman Kardon HKTS 9 5.1 Home Theatre & Yamaha Amplifier RX-V685.

- PS3 is connected to the Yamaha Amplifier in one of the 5 HDMI Inputs via an HDMI cable.

- Another HDMI cable is connected from the HDMI Out of Yamaha amplifier to the HDMI 2 IN of the SONY TV.

When I turned On the PS3, the green power light appears however, I do not see the boot screen. On my Yamaha Amplifier remote, I selected the HDMI Input to which PS3 is connected into. The TV screen now switches between 480p and some other resolution (I guess 1080p) which keeps flashing at the top corner BUT, it doesn't show the PS3 welcome screen.

This PS3 used to work last before I wrapped it & kept aside as I didn't have much games to play. This is almost 4 years ago after which the PS3 was wrapped. I have now removed it from the soft cardboard to use it & above is the issue that I am facing presently.

- I also have a small 32inch LG LCD TV in my bedroom to which I directly connected this PS3 via an HDMI cable. On this screen as well, nothing appears.

What could be the issue? Is it with the HDMI port of the PS3? HDMI cable cannot be the issue as its a working HDMI cable & I tried 2 different HDMI cables in this process but to no avail. How to fix this issue than? Will it land into the Sony Service Centre for repairs or any "Home Remedies" can work out? This is Out of warranty.

Kindly reply asap...

95 views to this question yet no response from anyone? Than what's the point of posting my question on this forum if there isn't even 1 knowledgeable person over here to help me fix this issue???

95 views to this question yet no response from anyone? Than what's the point of posting my question on this forum if there isn't even 1 knowledgeable person over here to help me fix this issue???

Sounds like the PS3 has given up. Maybe look at buying another 2nd hand which no doubt would be very cheap or grab a PS4 which would look a lot better on your TV.

Not much advice anyone can give apart from yeah it's broke. You could Google fixes, paid to it get it repaired or chuck it in the bin and buy a newer console like PS4.

Oh! That sounds terrible! No ways of buying any more Sony PlayStation anymore. Not interested in PlayStation at all!!!! The fact is that buying a Sony PlayStation even if it is very expensive or over pricey isn't that very much difficult BUT, the games which are to be purchased thereafter are hugely expensive & if that doesn't turn out to be as interesting & entertaining as expected than, its a huge waste of money. I bought this pathetic game - Need For Speed Rivals by EA Sports to play on my PS3 & I spent Rs. 2'400 approx on it (USD $31.59) but it was absolutely boring game, no entertainment at all & I wasted my money. I bought this game looking at the past success league of Need For Speed games which I used to play on my desktop but in this case, this game turned out to be Rubbish & forget about any refund thereafter, no company intents to refund the money if their game fails to entertain the buyer.

So I decided from that very minute never to buy any more PS3 games. Its like one can buy a Mercedes Benz but to maintain the car thereafter to ensure its smooth operation is an extremely tedious task! (-:

OK Cool.
Imo this generation has been the easiest to sample games and get games cheap or just be able to view games before you buy. You can watch streams, watch reviews, read reviews or even try demos or free weekends on loads of games plus the fact there are loads of free to play games this generation plus subscription services like EA Access and PSNow to play games for a fraction of the cost of a whole new game.

The PS3 has a display reset option, from standby turn on the console by holding down the power button until you get a number of beeps. This resets the resolution settings to a fallback mode. Worth a go at least.

The PS3 has a display reset option, from standby turn on the console by holding down the power button until you get a number of beeps. This resets the resolution settings to a fallback mode. Worth a go at least.
My launch console ps3 80gb fat SACD did the same things as the ops & I tried the reset thing Many times and it didn’t work for me unfortunately, a real shame ‘cause I loved my ps3 & it’s seamless media functionality.
My PS4 has now taken over its duties, which was in the main system but has now been moved to the secondary system.

When I turned On the PS3, the green power light appears however, I do not see the boot screen. On my Yamaha Amplifier remote, I selected the HDMI Input to which PS3 is connected into. The TV screen now switches between 480p and some other resolution (I guess 1080p) which keeps flashing at the top corner BUT, it doesn't show the PS3 welcome screen.

I also have a small 32inch LG LCD TV in my bedroom to which I directly connected this PS3 via an HDMI cable. On this screen as well, nothing appears.

What could be the issue? Is it with the HDMI port of the PS3? HDMI cable cannot be the issue as its a working HDMI cable & I tried 2 different HDMI cables in this process but to no avail. How to fix this issue than?

I had that flashing resolution problem on my TV screen with a PS3 and found out that it wasn't happy with the HDMI splitter I was using. I found out that on my Panasonic TV that only HDMI input 4 was able to meet the high standards the PS3 was setting for its signal. Have you tried connecting it to a different HDMI input on the TV? I also tried every cable in the house, but it was only until I switched the HDMI cable to a different HDMI input on the TV that it worked again. No blank screen. Interestingly, as time passed my PS4 also behaves the same and will only work on HDMI input 4 - I have no idea why (perhaps someone does have a reasonable explanation for that on here?). I don't get any such issues with my Xbox One S. Can appreciate these things are frustrating, but don't give up just yet!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom