Question PS4 connectivity issues since Sky Q installed

JonBonesJones

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with an issues I've been having in the last 24 hours I've had SkyQ installed and since then I have not been able to complete a match online on Fifa, Destiny or any online game really. The wifi is working once I'm kicked I can hop on YouTube, Netflix or any other app and watch things I just cant play. The error codes that I've been getting are
NP-31952-0
NW-31247-7

From googling the error it's basically saying either the PS4 is to far away from the SkyQ router or something is drawing to much bandwidth which could only be my Box as the only other things on it are my phone which has never been an issue before it was installed.

If this is in the wrong section could a Mod move it or point me in the right direction to where to go. Have also rang Sky they tried to charge me for a call out from an engineer so thought I would try here.

Sky Q will use a lot of bandwidth for the first day as it downloads loads of stuff etc... but that should have stopped by now alhtough if you have Minis using the Wifi then they will be hogging bandwidth (I have Sky Q with 3 minis but not the router).

Are they both on the same Wifi network and if you have a phone or laptop on the same Wifi try doing a Speed test and see what you get - you could even switch off your Sky Q box from the plug and see if it suddenly improves.

Also are you able to hard wire the PS4 to see if that works fine so you know it is the Wifi?

I am presuming you got the Q router with all your Q stuff and your previous one worked fine? Could look at homeplugs if your PS4 is too far away to hard wire.

Had sky engineer around on Wednesday to reinstall sky q and asked him about wireless problem with ps4 and he said they are both the same frequency. Told me to hard wire or get tp link .

I had similar issues after having SKY Q installed. Had the old sky+ boxes before with no issue, for me it seemed the mesh sky q network was making the WiFi system reset every now and again, broadband is through sky as well. Wasn’t just affecting PS4 was affecting everything including the main SKY Q box?

I ended up turning off the 2.4hz WiFi band on the Main sky q box, then using powerline adapters, hard wired the PS4 and created a new private 2.4hz / 5hz WiFi network. All been fine since.

I’ll still have to get sky in to check, as something wasn’t right.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom