PS5 Backward Compatability

This is the list of PS4 games that don’t work on PS5.

DWVR
Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2
Just Deal With It!
Shadow Complex Remastered
Robinson: The Journey
We Sing
Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
Shadwen
Joe's Diner

I was fearing the worst with regards to backwards compatibility, but if that is it then I am very happy!

To be honest I actually only want Resogun to be playable, I still absolutely love that game! 😎

I was fearing the worst with regards to backwards compatibility, but if that is it then I am very happy!

To be honest I actually only want Resogun to be playable, I still absolutely love that game! 😎

Easily one of the best this gen.

Not sure why people were fearing the worst (you were not alone) when Cerny said MONTHS ago that almost everything would work and recently it was confirmed that 99% of all titles would work... unless a LOT of people just didn’t believe Sony.

This is what happens when folk that are eager for info have little but speculation and FUD to swallow in between the actual info from the manufacturer.

Last edited:
If there was any doubt about WHEN these titles will be compatible, it’s confirmed as BC at launch.

Play link games will be supported on PS5..

Come to ask about Resogun and found out straight away it look like it will work - Sweet!! ,
don't think there's been a week i haven't play it since it came , ( on a side note got move up the chat about a week ago to 131)
20201007_225640.jpg

Looks like they have done a solid job. Odd that load times are apparently slightly slower than on Series X but maybe that's something that can be patched.

What i like is that PS5 (like Series X) is going to be the very best version of these older games. I may go back and build an older catalogue from there.

I've played my PS4 pretty sparingly over the past few years after it turned into a jet engine, and as a result have a considerable backlog of top quality PS4 games to play on PS5 at launch. Knowing that I'll get to play the best versions of those games, locked at a solid 30/60FPS, is genuinely exciting.

Loved Digital Foundry's video. Can't wait

Im looking forward to playing theough the Arkham Games again, The return to arkham games were great on ps4 but city was choppy so im hoping the ps5 sorts this out.

Will you be able to play PS5 games on the PlayStation plus subscription or just PS4 games ? I haven’t had a PS since PS2 and fancy getting back into it seeing the reviews of some of PS5 games and the console.

Will you be able to play PS5 games on the PlayStation plus subscription or just PS4 games ? I haven’t had a PS since PS2 and fancy getting back into it seeing the reviews of some of PS5 games and the console.
They are giving us PS5 Bugsnaxx this month. ANother game in feb. SO yes. Not sure about Dec and Jan though.

They are giving us PS5 Bugsnaxx this month. ANother game in feb. SO yes. Not sure about Dec and Jan though.

cheers, I’ve read the PlayStation 4 games are improved on the PS5, how have they worked that ? I’m no expect so curious what they’ve done.

cheers, I’ve read the PlayStation 4 games are improved on the PS5, how have they worked that ? I’m no expect so curious what they’ve done.
1604794077609.png

TBH, i'm nit sure, it will be for games that have unlocked frame rates and things like that. Best bet would be look on Digital Foundry.

Destruction all stars in Feb isn’t it?

I imagine there will be Jan and Feb games too and that they’ll be similar to the early PS4 offerings (Contrast, Stick it to the Man, etc)

Just to clear something up - To get better frame rates etc, I need to have the PS4 games on the PS5 drive, correct? I saw something that seemed to suggest otherwise last night, despite what I’d always believed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom