PS5 Pre-Order

Could I get one from America?
Stockinformer seem confident more will hit the UK market after the 19th

Any serious advice welcome, I guess my son will have to miss out this time

I didn't pre-order one for the November launch, will I be able to get one for Christmas or have I blown it!

I reckon you'll be alright. It wouldn't be a smart business move to not push manufacturing to 11 to meet Christmas demand. Just keep a look out after launch day. Not worth stressing over trying to find a pre-order for launch day if you want it for a Christmas present.

Stock Informer are pretty much now on the back burner for their hits now.

How are they going to generate people going to their site now that the main tranche of preorders is finished? Simple. Make stuff up.

I reckon you'll be alright. It wouldn't be a smart business move to not push manufacturing to 11 to meet Christmas demand. Just keep a look out after launch day. Not worth stressing over trying to find a pre-order for launch day if you want it for a Christmas present.

What would be the best way to keep on top of this? Is there a a place I can sign up for alerts that covers all the retailers when stock becomes available?

You may be lucky but I suspect it will be a challenge to pick one up now but you never know there is still 7 weeks to Xmas so some may pop up at certain retailers. The challenge will be being quick enough to secure one, AO had a number of Series X consoles yesterday for example but they soon got snapped up.

If you are willing to waste your time scouring the web and bashing that F5 button you may be lucky.

Fingers crossed for you.

What would be the best way to keep on top of this? Is there a a place I can sign up for alerts that covers all the retailers when stock becomes available?

Probably stockinformer.co.uk

Seriously doubt it.

Quick thoughts; the production run starting again now would be chaos.
Think about when they did the reveal to launch. 4 months? A lot of that will be final tweaks, production, testing etc etc. Primary build will be all done their end with the resources they have but there's a lot of testing to do.

Then you have distribution, logistics, transfer, delivery. This is where we are now for initial release.

Parts for next wave will be being made but they will want to do a run in one go. Not make 100,000 here, 200,000 there... Sony will want to make a million at least per production run is my guess.

Production will start again end of November, lead time down to a couple of months and have things ready January/February time for more consoles.

Seriously doubt it.

Quick thoughts; the production run starting again now would be chaos.
Think about when they did the reveal to launch. 4 months? A lot of that will be final tweaks, production, testing etc etc. Primary build will be all done their end with the resources they have but there's a lot of testing to do.

Then you have distribution, logistics, transfer, delivery. This is where we are now for initial release.

Parts for next wave will be being made but they will want to do a run in one go. Not make 100,000 here, 200,000 there... Sony will want to make a million at least per production run is my guess.

Production will start again end of November, lead time down to a couple of months and have things ready January/February time for more consoles.

Are you Sony's production manager?

Well I don't know about manufacturing, so can't speak about production runs and what not. Who knows when they started to mass produce the console. But to not have any sales between launch day and Christmas, seems like that would be a gross miscalculation in the planning. I just don't see how they wouldn't be taking advantage of the busiest time of the year for shopping.

Personally I found the stock tracking sites to be quite poor. Better to sign up directly with the retailer if they offer a "notify me" alert subscription. That's just my opinion though.

Also, if you don't get one, don't feel stressed out. It's just a console and there aren't any must play exclusives for it for sometime yet.

Thanks, seen a console go for £490 on ebay so I expect there will be options

I imagine once we get past 19th November the prices will drop slightly

You reckon?

I thought about maybe looking at eBay to get one post launch day. I might still do it if it's not too much over the RRP and if it's local. But I'm going to do my best to resist.

I imagine once we get past Nov 19th the eBay prices will increase (assuming all those flogging at the moment sell), as there may be no new stock and Christmas approaches ....

There are 2 markets here. 1) Fan's like yourself who have to have the console on release date. 2) The Christmas market. I think the highest price on auction sites will peak in November

You may well be correct, obviously all depends how many are available and how much people are willing to pay. Like the others above I think it the prices on flea bay will go up rather than down.

Well I don't know about manufacturing, so can't speak about production runs and what not. Who knows when they started to mass produce the console. But to not have any sales between launch day and Christmas, seems like that would be a gross miscalculation in the planning. I just don't see how they wouldn't be taking advantage of the busiest time of the year for shopping.

Release launch IS Christmas launch.
Go any later and you hit a hitch, you're scuppered. It'll be only 23 working days until Christmas on release day or 36 actual days.

A drop... one release date hits...?

Ok.

Also, if you don't get one, don't feel stressed out. It's just a console and there aren't any must play exclusives for it for sometime yet.
That's rather subjective...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom