Question PS5 vs Xbox series

My games are mostly multiplat, with some Forza/Horizon, plus the new Halo has me intrigued.

PS has some nice exclusives, so maybe one down the line

Just curious how much it lights up blue when switched on though...

I've been an Xbox gamer recently but previously had a PS as well. I was about as impressed by the PS5 video as the Xbox one. Maybe 2 or 3 titles had me going oooh but the rest were not that interesting for me. The console as well wtf is that design and why white. I really hope there is a black version.

It's 50/50 for me atm which way I'll jump.

I've been an Xbox gamer recently but previously had a PS as well. I was about as impressed by the PS5 video as the Xbox one. Maybe 2 or 3 titles had me going oooh but the rest were not that interesting for me. The console as well wtf is that design and why white. I really hope there is a black version.

It's 50/50 for me atm which way I'll jump.

Same, I think for me Im still leaning towards Xbox series x, I like that PS are not scared to do something different with regards to design though.
What puts me off is the colour, I want something that is hidden away, looks like it will be a pain to dust as well.
For me Xbox wins in it these areas.

I also love xbox game pass, I would really miss that if I went ps5.

For now I am still getting xbox at launch, and may get the ps5 at a much later date if some games take my interest.

We've not seen the Xbox equivalent of Sony's show last night. That's coming in July. I'd hold off till then. My instinct is I want to play Halo at launch BUT I want to see some ambition in Halo Infinite. Not just the same H4/5 game again.

I've loved all the Halo games but I don't really avidly play online they are all single and coop adventures for me. So as long as that continues I'd be up for more halo. My worry is the MS are relying on more of the same, where PS is seeming to be expanding some of its areas into more interesting stuff.. (the 2 or 3 titles that interested me didn't look the norm.)

I've loved all the Halo games but I don't really avidly play online they are all single and coop adventures for me. So as long as that continues I'd be up for more halo. My worry is the MS are relying on more of the same, where PS is seeming to be expanding some of its areas into more interesting stuff.. (the 2 or 3 titles that interested me didn't look the norm.)

Xbox now have a lot of studios, Obsidian, Playground games (rumoured to be working on new Fable), Ninja Theory, The initiative - to name but a few. They're going to have a lot of new stuff - how far down the line that all is remains to be seen. Like I say - I'd like to see some ambition with Halo Infinite - see what it looks like.

If it looked like these moc ups it might be ok.
Screenshot_20200612-114954__01.jpg
Screenshot_20200612-115000__01.jpg

I’ve tended to have all consoles during the last few generations/half generations. But my use of each has changed:

xbox 360/ps3 - 40/60
Xbox one/PS4 - 50/50
Xbox one x/PS4 pro - 70/30

I think since I love the Xbox controller and Microsoft have shaken off the Kinect/tv thing and started investing in real game development (resulting in Sea of Thieves :) ), my time has gone to Xbox. But PlayStation will always have great games that I’ll play to the exclusion of all else for a while (Spider-Man in particular this gen, but also HZD and God of War).

What I’ve seen of next gen so far makes me think I’ll be 60/40 Xbox/PlayStation.

The two ‘competing’ consoles are different enough to make things interesting this time. And that is exciting. Ray tracing will have an impact, so will hyper fast loading. Reduced latency Xbox pad will have an impact, so will haptics and adaptable triggers in the dual sense.

Most exciting new generation for some time :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom