PS5 General Chat

They'd know if they say 4k60 and then it's not native it'll get ripped apart and they'd look stupid. If it's not, why say it.

Because it is Ubisoft? The "gameplay trailer" company... Besides, all developers/publishers need to big up the next gen games, which you won't do by saying 1440p60 or some arbitrary resolution/framerate combo.

I reckon 4K60 is going to be the tech hypespeak for a lot of games this gen, but I seriously doubt that many cross-gen titles will manage to run at native 4K @ 60fps on PS5/XsX with a high detail level, when it has taken until this latest gen (nVidia 30X0 series) to achieve the same on PC. And that is before we even start talking about ray tracing...

I reckon 4K60 is going to be the tech hypespeak for a lot of games this gen, but I seriously doubt that many cross-gen titles will manage to run at native 4K @ 60fps on PS5/XsX with a high detail level, when it has taken until this latest gen (nVidia 30X0 series) to achieve the same on PC. And that is before we even start talking about ray tracing...
I think we will see a lot of games that will run at native 4k / 60, but a lot of bells and whistles will be turned down. They can still claim the game runs at 4k/60, but in the options you'll have the choice of lower res plus ray tracing etc.

I think we will see a lot of games that will run at native 4k / 60, but a lot of bells and whistles will be turned down. They can still claim the game runs at 4k/60, but in the options you'll have the choice of lower res plus ray tracing etc.

For an action adventure RPG type game I think 4K 30 with RT will be the norm. If you want 4K 60 then something has to give.

On the other hand games like GT, Forza, Dirt should do 4K 120 with decent effects, or dropping to 60 with RT.

Something like this anyway.

go back a few (hundred) pages and check out the great cheese wars :smashin: high water mark of this thread so far IMO.
Ah... good times.

Can someone confirm if PS5 and indeed XSX games are all coming to PC too?

So exclusives for each console but all will be on PC too ? Thought I'd read that somewhere.

So exclusives for each console but all will be on PC too ? Thought I'd read that somewhere.

No confirmation on that AFAIK. For PS5 I reckon it will be decided on a case-by-case basis (can't see God of War etc. coming on PC, for instance), although most if not all XsX should be coming to PC as well.

All XSX games are going to be available on PC as part of their “Play Anywhere”

No first party PS5 games are confirmed as coming to PC.

That said Sony obviously tested the water with Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, but as yet nothing else has been confirmed. I wouldn’t be surprised to see more last generation titles released, or current gen several years after release, but that’s just speculation.

3rd party console exclusives are typically also on PC, albeit often at a later date e.g. Death Stranding

All XSX games are going to be available on PC as part of their “Play Anywhere”

No first party PS5 games are confirmed as coming to PC.

That said Sony obviously tested the water with Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, but as yet nothing else has been confirmed. I wouldn’t be surprised to see more last generation titles released, or current gen several years after release, but that’s just speculation.

3rd party console exclusives are typically also on PC, albeit often at a later date e.g. Death Stranding

If I didn't already have a high and 2080Ti PC I'd have no doubts about getting the XSX. It looks great (best console design for me ever) and the power for the money is great.

I'm just thinking I will always end-up playing the XSX games on PC for its slight better performance and games will be cheaper if for any reason not on my Game Pass Ultimate.

As Sony is going to let Japanese You Tubers have access and make videos on the PS5 in early October:

Does that mean we will have a video on its UI or even a tear down before then? I guess we could hope eh?
Well this will be more interesting than videos of an empty box that was sent out to youtubers the other week 🤣

1600877520582.png

Well this will be more interesting than videos of an empty box that was sent out to youtubers the other week 🤣
Those youtubers now have a real box.

I still suffer from PTSD due to the great avf console wars of 2013.
I recall the 900p infantry suffered many losses. 1080p forces from Sony had to be on their guard against the legendary squadron 'Secret Sauce'
But, the cloud! It will be sooooo powerful...

Didn't they say that one would be 30fps? I'd be surprised if it was 60fps and if it is settings will be turned right down getting any AC to run decently on a good PC is a nightmare.
Interesting, I wonder if X1X will have better effects than XSX due to the framerate increase, it should but wonder if it'll be restricted for marketing reasons
Once again you are comparing a two generation old GPU and god know how old CPU against RDNA2 GPU and Zen 2 CPU and completely missing the point.
Actually I was comparing it to it's performance on my PC which struggles to get it to run at console settings on a fast CPU/GPU at 5120x1440/60fps. It is this that makes me wonder how they will get 60fps out of this engine without sacrifice as it was designed for 30fps - which we know X1X does well.
Does anyone seriously think that Assassins Creed Valhalla will run 4K native at 60FPS on either the SX or PS5? Because I think there is absolutely zero chance. Perhaps via some dynamic resolution or temporal scaling techniques. But I seriously doubt when they say '4K' they actually mean full fat, native 4K for a game of this scale at 60FPS. The consoles are powerful but many of the efficiencies and techniques to save resources won't be baked into engines at launch....
Oh perhaps you agree with me :D
Yes. The One X hits native 4K on Odyssey and the Pro gets pretty close, so yeah these consoles should manage it.

And AC games are typically CPU bound, the jump from Jaguar to Zen 2 in these consoles is massive step up.

On most games I'd agree but this engine scales very badly unless they have made some significant improvements to it. Perhaps it is designed around console rather than PC and its much easier to get it to perform on next gen console - I guess we will find out soon.

Ok so my question is a serious question with regards to AC Valhalla and 4K@60fps....

Do people really still buy and play Assassins Creed games? Surely not!

Well, yeah but it isn’t a serious question though really?

Why does any one buy or play any game.

Does anybody pay 50 quid for a remaster of a game they bought two years ago? Seems mad but plenty cant wait. Does anyone really want another Ratchet game? Well yeah, some cant wait.

AS sure isn’t te game that Jade released those years ago, and there is no doubt the series had some issues, but for many it is fun.

I really enjoy the exploration of them. Origins and Odyssey were too big, but the world was great. The HDR was also great. It is what i enjoy about HZD and Days Gone too.

AS isn’t much different to the SOny open world games really - HZD, Days Gone, even Ghosts. They are all mechnicalally the same, people love those games still i think.

Is kinda dismissing the game whole sale a way to mitigate the technical stuff - ie so what if it is 4k60, its crap? You daft if you still buy that. Hang on while i pay 70 quid for another remaster? AS is a formulae moved between location and time period - but at least the time period and location changes - with Spider-Man and Demons they are literally the same game again with a new make over - and people still love that becuase people like different games :)

I still suffer from PTSD due to the great avf console wars of 2013.
I recall the 900p infantry suffered many losses. 1080p forces from Sony had to be on their guard against the legendary squadron 'Secret Sauce'
Ahh the great pixel wars of 2013.

I think these have ben scrubbed from from the PS records - IIRC in those days resolution, GPU advantage, faster memory and so on was very important to a console launch...haha those silly old days...🤷🏻‍♂️🤔

Well, yeah but it isn’t a serious question though really?

Why does any one buy or play any game.

Does anybody pay 50 quid for a remaster of a game they bought two years ago? Seems mad but plenty cant wait. Does anyone really want another Ratchet game? Well yeah, some cant wait.

AS sure isn’t te game that Jade released those years ago, and there is no doubt the series had some issues, but for many it is fun.

I really enjoy the exploration of them. Origins and Odyssey were too big, but the world was great. The HDR was also great. It is what i enjoy about HZD and Days Gone too.

AS isn’t much different to the SOny open world games really - HZD, Days Gone, even Ghosts. They are all mechnicalally the same, people love those games still i think.

Is kinda dismissing the game whole sale a way to mitigate the technical stuff - ie so what if it is 4k60, its crap? You daft if you still buy that. Hang on while i pay 70 quid for another remaster? AS is a formulae moved between location and time period - but at least the time period and location changes - with Spider-Man and Demons they are literally the same game again with a new make over - and people still love that becuase people like different games :)

Nice reply and way more in-depth than I was expecting from this thread! :laugh:
I love the idea and the exploration but do find it to be rinse and repeat and just tedious after so many iterations. Its so bad that most other open world games have copied it so even Ghost of Tsushima gets tedious about halfway though. Shame as I love the premise but feels like a re-skin each time as you say and I think people do nowadays get bored a lot quicker with these kinds of games.
I actually found Spider-Man to be the most fun open world I’ve played in some time.

Anyway, was just a small rant, don’t get me started on Rockstar games :)

Nice reply and way more in-depth than I was expecting from this thread! :laugh:
I love the idea and the exploration but do find it to be rinse and repeat and just tedious after so many iterations. Its so bad that most other open world games have copied it so even Ghost of Tsushima gets tedious about halfway though. Shame as I love the premise but feels like a re-skin each time as you say and I think people do nowadays get bored a lot quicker with these kinds of games.
I actually found Spider-Man to be the most fun open world I’ve played in some time.

Anyway, was just a small rant, don’t get me started on Rockstar games :)
Yeah and thats the thing isn’t it, Spider-Man was basically a Ubisoft game - it had all the icons on the map, the works. BUT it was still fun for loads of people.

I didn’t really get on with it - the world of Spider-Man wasn’t that good - it wasn’t there to explore. Now, Days Gone world, loved it. HZD world love it

I get your point and I agree with you, they can get boring - you do need breaks. it took me 12 months to finish AC Ody - just a bit here and there - like popping back to historynow and then :) If you sat down to play an AS game so you can trade it quickly, IMO you are doing it wrong. The fun is in the exploring and not rushing about. Just taking in the world. I love Days Gone for that. I would love love a 60fps SOny remaster TM for that.

I have just been playing Death Stranding for this - i get a tad annoyed with all the BT stuff, but the world in that is staggering to behold it feels like i am hicking in Wales. Assassins does this really well IMO - creates a world that feels real and you want to explore. Unity was a shit show technically, but the recreation of Paris, amazing.

Sorry to ramble on. I think this is the best thing about gaming - loads of different sorts and something for everyone.

Oh and i suspect for the reasons above we would disagree on RDR2 :D Now that took 12 maybe 18th month to finish but for someone who just loves exploring a well relaxed game world, that was amazing.It was a clunky as hell and times, but in first person, HDR 4K native, it really was a world to behold. Not for everyone i know, but i put it back on the other day, and yeah, by far the best looking game this gen. loved that world cannot wait for GTAV REMASTER (see i am A remaster bitch just depends on the game)\

Haha sorry what a ramble. Is that tear down coming soon...lol

Actually I was comparing it to it's performance on my PC which struggles to get it to run at console settings on a fast CPU/GPU at 5120x1440/60fps. It is this that makes me wonder how they will get 60fps out of this engine without sacrifice as it was designed for 30fps - which we know X1X does well.

Oh perhaps you agree with me :D

On most games I'd agree but this engine scales very badly unless they have made some significant improvements to it. Perhaps it is designed around console rather than PC and its much easier to get it to perform on next gen console - I guess we will find out soon.

Benchmarks suggest that similar GTX 1080 Ti can get 60FPS at 1440p....

My point was that the SX is not double the power of the one X....it is much more than that. Because it’s two generations on, the baseline RDNa efficiency alone increases that multiplier let alone the various things that have been outlined that reduce load such as VRS.

The One X isnt native and I doubt that they will have the next gen versions running native 4K 60FPS UNLESS they are providing options to have higher effects at lower frame rate...we will find out soon.

RDR2 was one of my favourite games this gen.
I hated it :laugh:

Yeah, can't say I'm a fan of Rockstar games (apart from the Trevor bits in gta5)

Benchmarks suggest that similar GTX 1080 Ti can get 60FPS at 1440p....

My point was that the SX is not double the power of the one X....it is much more than that. Because it’s two generations on, the baseline RDNa efficiency alone increases that multiplier let alone the various things that have been outlined that reduce load such as VRS.

The One X isnt native and I doubt that they will have the next gen versions running native 4K 60FPS UNLESS they are providing options to have higher effects at lower frame rate...we will find out soon.
Maybe at 2560x1440 but not at 4K or 5120x1440 my RTX 2080 struggles and I doubt console RDNA is much faster than that.

I thought X1 was native, obviously I’m mistaken

Maybe at 2560x1440 but not at 4K or 5120x1440 my RTX 2080 struggles and I doubt console RDNA is much faster than that.

I thought X1 was native, obviously I’m mistaken
Odyssey Xbox One X, resolution scales in a window broadly between 2944x1656 all the way up to full 4K - 3840x2160. That's a fairly wide range of potential values then - around 60 per cent of native 4K resolution
RDR2 on console however is native 4K, has longer draw distance, and so on, than AC Od too.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom