PS5 General Chat

I dont think theres been that much of a push of media other than that article and remote. I use my Sky Q box for most of my media stuff (or the TV) so not sure i'll be using it but we'll see.

There is rumours of an Xbox remote too BTW but I prefer the PS one visually.

Yeah maybe you are right mate 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was just kinda agreeing with Stinja really - multi plat gamer so maybe I’ve missed something? But I’ve heard Sony banging on about media loads and I know fans like Stinja and other in here follow it all closely.

I didn’t know ms had a remote. As I say I just play games on these consoles the media side is of no interest. It wasn’tinteresting when MS did it and it isn’t when Sony do it.

Just like everyone said last time - don’t waste money on film and media crap spend al the budget on the games side.

Last edited:
Ubisoft have detailed next gen features for their upcoming games, seems safe to say 4k/60 will be in most of their ps5 titles.

Watch Dogs: Legion

Xbox Series X/S:
  • Raytracing
  • Faster load times
PS5:
  • Raytracing
  • Tempest 3D Audio
  • Adaptive triggers support
  • Faster load times
Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Xbox Series X/S:
  • 60fps at 4K on Xbox Series X
  • Faster load times
PS5:
  • 60fps at 4K
  • Tempest 3D Audio Engine
  • Faster load times
Immortals Fenyx Rising

Xbox Series X/S:
  • HDR
  • Dolby Atmos and spatial audio technology
  • Faster load times
PS5:
  • 60fps at 4K
  • HDR
  • Tempest 3D Audio engine
  • PS5 DualSense haptic feedback
  • Faster load times
Far Cry 6

Xbox Series X/S:
PS5:
  • 60fps at 4K
Riders Republic

Xbox Series X/S:
  • HDR support
  • Faster load times
PS5:
  • 60fps in 4K
  • HDR support
  • Faster load times

Rainbow Six Siege

Xbox Series X/S and PS5:

• 120fps at 4K
For Honor

Xbox Series X and PS5:
  • 60fps at 4K
Xbox Series S:
  • 60fps at 1080p
Oooh there is some delicious detail in the original text from Ubi (PS5 ‘hardware’ RT for example) which will be fun in 3 weeks when the face off com

Can you spot them...👍🏻😊

I dont think theres been that much of a push of media other than that article and remote. I use my Sky Q box for most of my media stuff (or the TV) so not sure i'll be using it but we'll see.

There is rumours of an Xbox remote too BTW but I prefer the PS one visually.

This isn't a Microsoft product though. Microsoft discontinued their media remote a while back and don't appear to be making a new one to launch alongside the new consoles.

The PS5 media remote is a nice looking little device. I think a media remote is a must if you regularly use your console for streaming or disc playback.

This isn't a Microsoft product though. Microsoft discontinued their media remote a while back and don't appear to be making a new one to launch alongside the new consoles.

The PS5 media remote is a nice looking little device. I think a media remote is a must if you regularly use your console for streaming or disc playback.
Sorry yeah, you're right it isn't made by Microsoft. It just popped up on my timeline so thought it was interesting.

But I’ve heard Sony banging on about media loads
LIke I say, I've only read that one article about it they did, I don't feel they've banging on about it loads but TBH I may have just ignored anything else that has came up as I use other devices for my TV stuff so may have dismissed it. I've seen the convos here about it come up a lot but not from Sony themselves.

I assume they’d have to pay for licence as well?

I don’t get how the licensing works, you can have DV on the streaming apps but not games of blue ray drive? I guess it must be tiers with different prices or something? Or do you need the DV hardware to decode blue rays?

I don’t get how the licensing works, you can have DV on the streaming apps but not games of blue ray drive? I guess it must be tiers with different prices or something? Or do you need the DV hardware to decode blue rays?
Would the app creator not have to pay the license in this scenario?

I’ve not needed external storage before but as I understand it the games are either internal or external. So if I copy them to the ex hdd they are removed internally. Well what if I want to use them on the ps5 via ex hdd but occasionally play in another room on the PS4. Can I do it without removing the external drive constantly. Will I have to reinstall from scratch on the PS4 for every game. What do others do with multiple PS4’s (assuming it’ll be the same as having a PS4 & ps5 on the same account..

Would the app creator not have to pay the license in this scenario?

Not sure, the Nvidia Shield TV didn’t have DV and Nvidia said it was due to licensing, the new models from last year do have it. So I don’t know on that one?

Not sure, the Nvidia Shield TV didn’t have DV and Nvidia said it was due to licensing, the new models from last year do have it. So I don’t know on that one?
Yeah, I'm not sure either. You think if Sony were paying the licence for media apps then the disc drive and games would be in there too, that's what makes me think its the app makers paying it.

It amazes me just how many people get hyped about unboxings.... It's not a lucky dip where you don't know what's inside. Oh wow, it's got a PS5, controller, power cable, manual etc... Who would've guessed.

It amazes me just how many people get hyped about unboxings.... It's not a lucky dip where you don't know what's inside. Oh wow, it's got a PS5, controller, power cable, manual etc... Who would've guessed.
Not sure people are hyped for it, more that they are looking forward to seeing/hearing more info about anything PS5.

Not sure people are hyped for it, more that they are looking forward to seeing/hearing more info about anything PS5.

Plenty of people getting hyped about when the videos will drop. Can't imagine from these videos they'll learn anything new they don't already know about the system. The actual vids of anything useful will come later.

its the youtube generation though isn't it, all these people demanding info from Sony since February and complaining ad infinitum that they don't know every last detail. Attention span of a mosquito on acid most of them. The youtubers or vloggers get treated like some sort of celebrity - there's a thread about them on a motoring forum where the ins and uts of videos are discussed like a load of old women nattering about Coronation Street. One youtuber decided to sell his car and got a load of flak for it from his "viewers"! All seems a bit weird to me, but then I'm old and grumpy :D

They can hopefully show dimensions v the PS4/pro, maybe even XsX (although prob not allowed to)

Plenty of people getting hyped about when the videos will drop. Can't imagine from these videos they'll learn anything new they don't already know about the system. The actual vids of anything useful will come later.
Stop being a Debbie downer. Its all we have so we are getting excited for it, leave us alone. :laugh:

They can hopefully show dimensions v the PS4/pro, maybe even XsX (although prob not allowed to)

Possibly but everyone has all that info to work out anyway. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Sony have said they can't do comparisons like that because the larger size could be perceived as negative to those who were oblivious it was much bigger, ie the casual market.

Stop being a Debbie downer. Its all we have so we are getting excited for it, leave us alone. :laugh:

Sorry.... :rotfl: Maybe it will come with an unexpected chocolate bar under the wrapping.

Unboxing vids have been a thing at least a decade, I never understood the appeal when people would excitedly open up their iPhones etc.

Mind you it's not just electronics, I've watched new bike unboxing vids and quite enjoyed them if I'm honest.

I don’t want to see AR/mock ups/images created from rom sizes or rulers on a desk.
Just reality, one console beside another (although I agree, probably not allowed to).

Regardless, its all a bit of fun and means the gears are turning toward launch, I hope they can put the PS5 out into the wild. I mean, we've already seen box comparisons, its not like we don't know its a big boy already..

Well, Engadget thought it was a chore to setup the stand ..really???
Try an ikea cabinet !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom