PS5 General Chat

I pretty much doubt that the PS5 will be released in October, when the announcement was made that the PS5 will be released in holiday season 2020, although near towards the end of the year might be realistic.

I pretty much doubt that the PS5 will be released in October, when the announcement was made that the PS5 will be released in holiday season 2020, although near towards the end of the year might be realistic.

End of October is pretty much the start of the holiday season so most definitely an October release, possibly very beginning of November.

Is that list above one of those where there are 2 truths and the rest lies and we need to guess? :)

The fact the mention GT7 as a launch game pretty much discredits all that lol!

End of October is pretty much the start of the holiday season so most definitely an October release, possibly very beginning of November.

Is that list above one of those where there are 2 truths and the rest lies and we need to guess? :)

The fact the mention GT7 as a launch game pretty much discredits all that lol!
You say that but havnt they been showing ray tracing demos on a version of gran turismo, so wouldn't rule it out entirely.

Agree If someone hasnt switched over from xbox to PlayStation this generation they never will.
Thought processes like this are simply incorrect. If businesses thought like this there would be no competition.

I switched from XBOX to PS4 this gen and will swap back in a heartbeat if the new console is considerably more powerful, which it may be. As I stated above both my boys will ask for the more powerful console, because at school that is a major thing. They have friends on both so really don't care. Even if they did, the most popular game with kids is Fortnite which is cross play enabled and there will be more of that coming.

And just like there are thousands like you there are thousands that are not like you. You are predicting the behaviour of complete cross section of society on what you would do.

Thought processes like this are simply incorrect. If businesses thought like this there would be no competition.

I switched from XBOX to PS4 this gen and will swap back in a heartbeat if the new console is considerably more powerful, which it may be. As I stated above both my boys will ask for the more powerful console, because at school that is a major thing. They have friends on both so really don't care. Even if they did, the most popular game with kids is Fortnite which is cross play enabled and there will be more of that coming.

And just like there are thousands like you there are thousands that are not like you. You are predicting the behaviour of complete cross section of society on what you would do.

Sony will sell more hardware. Because their gaming brand is stronger around the world, because Xbox aren't really in a hardware race anymore and because Xbox have to prove that they can develop compelling games that appeal to a wide section of the gaming demographic.

The power is probably irrelevant (in terms of wide global appeal) as either they will be very similar or one will be more powerful than the other but more expensive.

That being said individual decisions as you say are made for a variety of reasons.

You say that but havnt they been showing ray tracing demos on a version of gran turismo, so wouldn't rule it out entirely.

I expect Polyphony have been working on a demo of some kind for PS5 but let's face it...it's Polyphony and they definitely like to take their time and delay things for ever :)

I do hope GT Sport gets updated though or if GT7 is coming out it's still got a solid online side as I'm not sure many are interested in single player GT anymore.

Like a lot of us, I have very little time for gaming nowadays. With that in mind I’ve decided I can’t justify buying both next gen consoles. It’d be madness for me to do that, spending best part of a grand when I’ve little time.

I’ve decided to go for PS5. A combination of Sony’s amazing exclusives and my eagerness to see how PSVR 2 turns out swung it for me. There will be a couple of things I miss about Xbox - to this day I’m still not keen on the parallel sticks on the PS4 pad, they give me cramp sometimes, much prefer the offset sticks on the Xbox pad personally. And Game Pass, that is amazing value for money.

But I’ve made my decision. PS5 it is. Looks likely the reveal will take place next month with preorders going live shortly after. I’ll be preordering with Very and Amazon - yeah, I know Amazon screwed up last time but I’m hoping they’ve learnt from it. I’ll cancel one of them nearer the time. Roll on next month!

But I’ve made my decision. PS5 it is. Looks likely the reveal will take place next month with preorders going live shortly after. I’ll be preordering with Very and Amazon - yeah, I know Amazon screwed up last time but I’m hoping they’ve learnt from it. I’ll cancel one of them nearer the time. Roll on next month!

Woah, there's a post with conviction, I doubt I'll pre-order anything and will probably be scraping around trying to get one from the post launch batch for Chrimbo like I did for PS4 :D

Sony will sell more hardware. Because their gaming brand is stronger around the world....
I don't doubt that and have not said anything to suggest it won't be the case. I am just challenging the notion that no matter what info we actually get, you know when we have some facts, that no one will dream of moving from one brand to another, because that is simply absurd.

Woah, there's a post with conviction, I doubt I'll pre-order anything and will probably be scraping around trying to get one from the post launch batch for Chrimbo like I did for PS4 :D

I expect there will be plenty around to buy. I'm not going to pre-order, never do and have never had an issue buying on launch day. Let's face it even waiting a few days is hardly an issue.

If they have some kind of incredible bundle on a pre-order then maybe but usually it's just a physical game or two which is of no use to me and chances of it arriving on launch day or if it does me being able to set it up on launch day is very remote.

Hell, might even just walk into Game and buy one as prices will be the same everywhere :)

I don't doubt that and have not said anything to suggest it won't be the case. I am just challenging the notion that no matter what info we actually get, you know when we have some facts, that no one will dream of moving from one brand to another, because that is simply absurd.

Indeed. Two strong systems both with good games is a good place to be - given the differing strategies. Gives consumers a good choice.

You are predicting the behaviour of complete cross section of society on what you would do.
Yep. I still have a Xbox account (from 360 days, never bought an One), but would swap happily if Xbox is clearly the better option.

I have no Sony loyalty per se, but all indicators (for me) are Sony for best exclusives and at least solid hardware and ecosystem, then PC for Xbox GamePass for any the exclusive Xbox games on better hardware than the Series X, plus any other advantages xbox may have.
I really do not see any point in buying a Xbox console at the moment; which is not the same as not playing xbox games.

Do NOT pre-order any system, at least until hard facts of all so-called next-gen consoles are out.
Who knows maybe i'll be proved wrong and massive xbones will be everywhere at the end of year...

view

If you look at the divergent strategies - MS play our games how you want. Want mindblowing graphical fidelity and highest frame rate - play on Series X. Want to use existing S/X - fine. Want to stream with higher latency but hardware free? Fine. Want to play on PC? Sure. Want to buy it- sure. Want to play it day 1 via gamepass? Sure.

They're building that ecosystem for their games. And cloud and gamepass drives it.

Sony will likely have games you can only play on their new console. It drives hardware but also limits their audience for new games. Its a more traditional model initially - but I'm sure they'll have to transition it.

I think the choice is good - the points of difference good.
With regards to the above (same game to run on XB1/XB1X/XBseriesX), looks like this sort of thing is the reason Cyberpunk has been delayed:

With regards to the above (same game to run on XB1/XB1X/XBseriesX), looks like this sort of thing is the reason Cyberpunk has been delayed:

Nobody will be forced to make a game for Xbox One. So 3rd party's will have a choice. I also find the source you quoted, the way it is presented etc highly, highly questionable...to the point I think it is very unlikely. Given the development for this game started on the base level consoles - it sounds like utter drivel to me.

They announced cyberpunk for ps4 and xbox one and pc so it has to come to those consoles. Its a current gen game.

Think foxygames is probably thinking what were all thinking they should probably just release it on next generation instead

Probably won't make enough money just on next-gen consoles + pc, hence needing those sweet current-gen ones.

But yeah, Cyberpunk delayed because of xbots? Burn them all I say!

800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

If Cyberpunk 2077 had been announced for the PS4 and maybe PC only and not the Xbox One, then there would be no delays.

I doubt it but it would be a drop the mic moment if they showed it and went available today

You have to laugh at how they take someone saying reveal event and just change it to releasing the console. Despite actually quoting the person.

Guess they are either thick or want some clicks. Probably both.
I think there is a Sony event on or around the 5th of February, it's safe to say Sony are going to release some information about the PS5. According to that article Sony are going to release some technical information about the console and then say they are going to release the console in the next few weeks, it's never going to happen.

Has Sony recently sacked the entire marketing team and then entrusted one game developer with the marketing strategy of a new console launch?

then say they are going to release the console in the next few weeks
BUt thats not even what the guy they quoted said!

give me sport website is and absolute click bait website anyway. Why let the truth get in the way of something you decided to make up :laugh:

Heading: PlayStation 5 launch is a matter of weeks away, confirms game developer

Actual Quote: "I want to say it's the worst kept secret in games right now. February reveal like they did for PS4"

:facepalm::laugh:

5th Feb is not confirmed. There are competing rumours for 5th, 12th, 19th and 30th ( ;) )

They are already selling PS5s at my local Game store...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom