PS5 General Chat

this is what is says on Digital Foundarys site at the moment

" Update (April 28th, 2020): An earlier version of this article said the storage expansion process would require users to "replace the internal SSD with a larger drive". Sony has not clarified either way whether additional storage will be a replacement, or an addition, to the 825GB drive offered at launch. We'll continue to update this article with further clarifications when we hear more. "

Hmm. Where’s that teardown that Cerny mentioned?!

Sony has clarified how players will be able to expand the PS5 storage space. The console uses a custom-made SSD by default, and has an NVMe slot for owners to manually expand the available storage.

What are the chances that we get a tear down, a run through the new UI and ‘create’ features, and something on PS4 game upgrades before launch? Now that we’ve all pre-ordered (me included), I guess Sony could just sit back and let the sales flow in.

its confusing that article and all the others seem to be from 18th March 2020, were as the DF is an update from April..... I cannot find anything newer that doesnt contain almost exactly the same copy in it. Its odd and DF are usually a souce I trust, cannot see this being true but it was here

EDIT - just watch Mr Cerny Road to PS5 and it sure sounds like there is another bay but he doesnt fully confirm it, but I think there is one for expansion no matter what is on this above article.

Last edited:
Re the price of PS5 and XSX games, going forward. Looks like we’re talking £60-70. Not great, I’ll admit. However. . .

I seem to remember paying circa £60 for my Nintendo SNES cartridges in 1993, I think it was. I’m fairly sure, but will happily stand corrected if I’m wrong. If I’m right, and I’m pretty sure I am, that was some 27 years ago.

Puts things into perspective a little!

Also Marc is in waynes world right ?
1600461512153.png

I can’t watch/listen to Cerny. He’s an incredibly intelligent individual, I’ve enormous respect for him. But he just somehow does my head in. He’s bloody clever, though.

Re the price of PS5 and XSX games, going forward. Looks like we’re talking £60-70. Not great, I’ll admit. However. . .

I seem to remember paying circa £60 for my Nintendo SNES cartridges in 1993, I think it was. I’m fairly sure, but will happily stand corrected if I’m wrong. If I’m right, and I’m pretty sure I am, that was some 27 years ago.

Puts things into perspective a little!
Yep, snes games were sometimes 70 quid

88dacdca54ab290bf0cef6974539c587.jpg

The SNES is cheap though compared to those.. (voucher price but includes a game as well)

That's like the ps5 games being £225 😳

Games for new gens always jump. Day one they will be ridiculous prices but as the weeks go on those prices settle down to a more realistic price point.

Anyone seen ( or received ) an email from amazon saying the ps5 might be delayed for delivery due to demand? Apparently doing the rounds and being reported on social media.

I've just read article about this exact same thing, so anybody who's managed to secure a pre order at amazon let us know if its true

Anyone seen ( or received ) an email from amazon saying the ps5 might be delayed for delivery due to demand? Apparently doing the rounds and being reported on social media.
Not got one here

Thought that was Amazon US not UK?

Lots of UK peeps that have bought from Argos & John Lewis have been tolf their pre orders are cancelled apparently.

All of this boils down to how much stock companies are going to get. If the stock isn’t there then even the people who have a pre order might still be disappointed.

whether the likes of Amazon etc have a confirmed amount already known, I don’t know. I know that Shopto don’t know yet.

Ironic that Very are cancelling orders , but my order with them , which they have taken the cash for, they can’t seem to cancel and refund me......

I could see there systems not keeping up with the fast orders and allowing more to be processed than there allocation at the time, maybe its that. Better to sell a few more and refund than not , I guess from there point of view.

I could see there systems not keeping up with the fast orders and allowing more to be processed than there allocation at the time, maybe its that.
Any big retail website will not be able to do that unless there is technical problem. It was almost certainly a cock up.

Ironic that Very are cancelling orders , but my order with them , which they have taken the cash for, they can’t seem to cancel and refund me......

I preordered from Very really early and just as they appeared, I tried it nothing, then refreshed 5 mins later and they were available to preorder, so I am hopeful as I was one of the first.

Same with Amazon, 0900 on the dot, wasn't available and then it was, bang. So hopefully have secured one as ordered pretty low down in their queue (2nd is for my lad, who originally didn't want one, if I would have known would have got 2 from Very and 10% off that also, bloody kids).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom