PSA: Free Xbox Live credit for using Bing

my pc wont run any of these

What specs? These are no heavy hitting games - don't starve had a weird starting issue (said not responding) whicg a reboot fixed and the other games were fine (you don't even play the Endless Legend game).

How are people finding the daily tasks? Am I right in thinking I just need to launch the app and a GP game, so technically 2 each day is the most you can get?

I ask because I'm only on 19 which seems low and I'm still 26 away from the target - which means at least 13 days of both to ensure I get the 1k pts.

Am I missing something? I'm doing ok with the weekly quests, 10/15 - so that seems about right...

How are people finding the daily tasks? Am I right in thinking I just need to launch the app and a GP game, so technically 2 each day is the most you can get?

I ask because I'm only on 19 which seems low and I'm still 26 away from the target - which means at least 13 days of both to ensure I get the 1k pts.

Am I missing something? I'm doing ok with the weekly quests, 10/15 - so that seems about right...

Yeah that seems about right. There's 17 Days left to complete that 1K Card so as long as you do them daily you are all good.

If you have GamesPass Ultimate you can do it all from the App. Just load a game via Xcloud obviously only if you have the Android App....

Sorry for all the stupid questions, but where are the monthly surveys?

Just preordered AC valhalla, on xbox, I had activated the punch card for purchasing the game, only I dont seem to have received the 6000pts, please tell me I didn't need to click on the other icon on the punch card to go through the purchase.
I just went straight to the xbox store myself and purchased:facepalm:, but surely the rewards app can see I have purchased it.

Just preordered AC valhalla, on xbox, I had activated the punch card for purchasing the game, only I dont seem to have received the 6000pts, please tell me I didn't need to click on the other icon on the punch card to go through the purchase.
I just went straight to the xbox store myself and purchased:facepalm:, but surely the rewards app can see I have purchased it.

They can be delayed, as long as it was activated and you got it through the store then its all good. Worst case you raise a support ticket in a few days.

Did they show up belatedly....? If not, were MS able/willing to sort it for you?

I had exactly the same problem when I purchased it yesterday.

Did they show up belatedly....? If not, were MS able/willing to sort it for you?

I had exactly the same problem when I purchased it yesterday.

Yeah 2-3 days later I got the points, didn't need to contact MS in the end. If you have activated the punch card, and have now purchased it, click on the other purchase AC:V box in the rewards app punch card.
It might not get the green tick straight away, it didn't for me but 2-3 days later it did on its own accord and 6000pts added to account.

Cheers - I'll give it a few days then before I start chasing MS.

I spotted the AC:V +250 point tile this morning, so I've ticked that in anticipation of popping an achievement tonight. Like Tesco says, every little helps - and the rewards coffers need refilling after redeeming nearly £200 worth of credit to defray the cost of the Series X :D

I can't believe have addictive getting these points is, it's weird - it's like a mini job, 15-30 mins a day gets you free stuff. Usually this can be done while on calls etc so it's only half that I need to dedicate to just earning! I'm now at 68K and that's roughly going to pay for my GP Ultimate at the current rate of sale vs how fast I earn.

Out of interest, has anyone calculated an average earn on this?

Free 100 points;

XBOXFF100NOV2020

Has anyone considered making a new account, buying a years worth of XBL and doing the triple-up trick? Just a thought - either that or I could use one of my kids accounts, give them a years worth of XBL and triple it to 3 years worth of GP Ultimate and make the console the home one.

I'm just thinking, at some point MS will wind this down and it's a way to maximise points one last time.

Triple up trick?!?

Converting Xbox live to game pass ultimate.

By the way, not sure if you caught the free 100 points code XBOXFF100NOV2020 - I went back and edited it but you may have missed it :)

By the way, not sure if you caught the free 100 points code XBOXFF100NOV2020 - I went back and edited it but you may have missed it :)
I put the code in and it gave me a message about getting 100 points, but then says code already used 🤔

Still not following on triple up here, didn't gold convert to GPU at 1:1 so a year gets a year, then after you have GPU it's 3:1 as in a year of gold gets you 4 months of GPU. Personally I'm not going down this avenue, the EA play conversion is cheaper and easier for now.

I'm not using family gifting just yet as without the gamepass quests it's barely worth doing in my region, we can only get a couple of hundred points a week using rewards on the console. Adding another sub wouldn't be sustainable if one can't sustain itself. I wish ms would make the bing search rewards global not just some regions.

I put the code in and it gave me a message about getting 100 points, but then says code already used 🤔
Odd, worked for me...sorry.

Still not following on triple up here, didn't gold convert to GPU at 1:1 so a year gets a year, then after you have GPU it's 3:1 as in a year of gold gets you 4 months of GPU. Personally I'm not going down this avenue, the EA play conversion is cheaper and easier for now.

I'm not using family gifting just yet as without the gamepass quests it's barely worth doing in my region, we can only get a couple of hundred points a week using rewards on the console. Adding another sub wouldn't be sustainable if one can't sustain itself. I wish ms would make the bing search rewards global not just some regions.
Ah, yes - I think I've crossed my wires...but I guess the question still is the same, as you get better value from using a 2nd account (which can just be for the purpose of getting the conversion from XBL to GP @ 1:1).

In the UK if I do everything I pretty much earn enough to get GPU for free constantly (approx 12k pm), at this moment I still have GPU until August 2022 and 70K saved up. Assuming I keep saying and when I'm running low (and assuming I keep earning at this rate I would 2 options;

1) Buy approx 18 months of GPU
2) Buy 36 months of Gold, use on a new account (or kids account) and convert to 36 months GPU

I'm asking what folk here would do.

Anyone else struggling with the EA bonus 500 points registering certain things, for example, I've opened the GP app loads of times but it won't register - also I've got the first achievement but the 2nd doesn't seem to want to register.

Anyone else struggling with the EA bonus 500 points registering certain things, for example, I've opened the GP app loads of times but it won't register - also I've got the first achievement but the 2nd doesn't seem to want to register.
You don’t open the app, click the achievement to be taken to a page about the app. I made the same mistake.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom