PSVR General

Det

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
EDIT: The kit has no been renamed PlayStation VR

Project Morpheus (virtual reality) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Project Morpheus is Sony's Virtual Reality Headset. The future of next-gen.

256px-Project_Morhpeus_at_GDC_2014.jpg

*Black man and OG vest sold seperately.

God, I can't wait for this.

Alleged Compatible Games:

Among The Sleep (Krillbite Studio)
The Assembly (nDreams)
The Castle (SCE)
Cult County (Renegade Kid)
The Deep (SCE London Studio)
Eve Valkyrie (CCP Games)
Jurassic Encounter (Supermassive Games)
Project CARS (Slightly Mad Studios)
Q.U.B.E² (Toxic Games)
Street Luge (SCE London Studios)
Summer Lesson (Katsuhiro Harada)[3]
Surgeon Simulator (Bossa Studios)
Thief (Eidos Montréal)
War Thunder (Gaijin Entertainment)

UPDATE*** Thanks @Cha1ky

GDC 2015 – Project Morpheus Update

The latest news from GDC

Hello from GDC 2015! About a year ago, we unveiled a prototype for Project Morpheus, the virtual reality (VR) system for PlayStation 4. Since then, we’ve been hard at work making the system even better. I’m pleased to return to GDC with an update on our progress, bringing us one step closer to its consumer release. We believe VR will shape the future of games, and I can’t wait for you to try Project Morpheus when it launches in the first half of 2016.

Our goal with VR is to deliver a sense of presence, making the player feel as though they’ve stepped inside the world of a game. The new Project Morpheus prototype brings us closer to that goal, as it improves the visual experience and tracking accuracy, both of which are critical to achieving sense of presence.

Key changes:
OLED display – In exchange for the 5 inch LCD, the new Morpheus VR headset is equipped with a 5.7 inch 1920 X RGB X 1080 resolution OLED display. This new screen expands the field of view and enables low persistence, removing motion blur.
120hz refresh rate – The previous refresh rate spec has been doubled for this new prototype, which means games for Morpheus can be rendered at 120fps. When combined with the OLED display’s high refresh rate and the power of PS4, Morpheus is able to output amazingly smooth visuals.
Super low latency – We know how critical low latency is to delivering a great VR experience, and we’ve reduced latency to less than 18ms, about half of what the first Morpheus prototype had. Low latency is critical to deliver a sense of presence, at the same time making the VR experience comfortable to players.
More accurate tracking- To make positional tracking more precise, we’ve added three LEDs to the headset – one on the front and two on the side – for a total of nine LEDs to support robust 360 degree tracking.
User-friendly design – We’ve made the Morpheus VR headset easier to put on and take off, with a single band design and quick release button. The headband supports the weight of the unit on the top of your head, so there is no pressure on your face. Other components have also been adjusted and configured to make the headset lighter, so that players do not find the headset cumbersome or uncomfortable to use.
16085436134_8638ef12c2_b.jpg

Revealing this new prototype is an important step in our journey to release Project Morpheus, but there is more to come. We’ll share additional details at E3 and beyond. In particular, we’ll show more VR games at E3 and later events as we get closer to launch.

A new dimension of gaming is almost here, and PlayStation again is at the forefront with Project Morpheus.[/IMG]

Last edited:
The morpheus thread is in hardware.

Now saying that, hardware should be merged into this IMO.

The morpheus thread is in hardware.

Now saying that, hardware should be merged into this IMO.
I searched in the hardware section as well and couldn't find it. I didn't want to sift page through page to find it just in case the search feature wasn't working as intended...

Surprised no one is talking about project opal.

I hope they went for the rumored better spec kit but I have a feeling they didn't. Mostly based on demos and E3 reviews from pressers. I just want it more future proof.

Well you must be older than we thought!

I think current build uses LCD screens but they are pushing for OLEDs in the final build. It's all down to cost I guess because they'll want this to be mass market

Yep, I wasn't sure anyone would get it but glad someone else remembers ;-)

I still ask for Opal Fruits in the shop sometimes. The response from the, invariably, slack jawed assistant can be amusing. If I feel like winding them up I may ask "Oh, you don't have Opal Fruits, can I have a Marathon (or Banjo or Mintola) instead then?".

Idle thought. Do you still get Texan bars?

I think current build uses LCD screens but they are pushing for OLEDs in the final build. It's all down to cost I guess because they'll want this to be mass market
I'm not too fussed about the screens. I want a better FOV and Resolution potential.

Sony's list of TGS games, via Gematsu, follows:

PlayStation 4
  • Astebreed (Playism)
  • Bladestorm: The Hundred Years’ War & Nightmare (Koei Tecmo)
  • Bloodborne (SCE)
  • Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (Koei Tecmo)
  • Destiny (SCE)
  • Disgaea 5 (NIS)
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse (Bandai Namco)
  • Driveclub (SCE)
  • Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair (D3 Publisher)
  • EA Sports UFC (EA)
  • The Evil Within (Bethesda Softworks)
  • FIFA 15 (EA)
  • Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign (Arc System Works)
  • LEGO Movie: The Game (Warner Bros.)
  • LittleBigPlanet 3 (SCE)
  • Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (Mojang)
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Young Horses)
  • Omega Quintet (Compile Heart)
  • One Upon Light (Singapore University of Technology and Design)
  • The Order: 1886 (SCE)
  • The Playroom (SCE)
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 (Konami)
  • Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (Capcom)
PS Vita
  • Airship Q (Cygames)
  • Chaos Rings III: Prequel Trilogy (Square Enix)
  • Deadman’s Cross (Square Enix)
  • Deemo: Last Rehearsal (Rayark)
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (Sega)
  • Eater 2: Rage Burst (Bandai Namco)
  • Gundam Breaker 2 (Bandai Namco)
  • Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2014 (Konami)
  • The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II (Falcom)
  • Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Mojang)
  • Murasaki Baby (SCE)
  • OlliOlli (Roll7)
  • Phantasy Star Nova (Sega)
  • TorqueL (Playism)
  • Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 (Koei Tecmo)
PlayStation 3
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix (Square Enix)
  • Tales of Zestiria (Bandai Namco)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom