PSVR General

Sairento is a game that gets better as you get better at it. The control system is a bit clunky at first, but you'll soon be zipping about.

I have a few videos on my channel going over the controls, options and weapons in the game.
Ahh cool, watched some, you didnt seem to go over blocking?
I kinda thought the Glaive might be good for blocking, as it's quite large on-screen, but it's less shield-like than hoped.

Will try cranking up (running) movement speed, smooth turning, blinders off, and controller movement direction - might make it seem more FPS like.

Sairento is good. I hated the game for the first half because I was playing it as an FPS and on that basic level it's a poor game because of the tiny levels. But when you embrace the over the top ninja control scheme, it becomes a lot of fun indeed.

It's a game I need to get back to as right now I'll have lost all my skill at it.

Sairento is good. ... But when you embrace the over the top ninja control scheme, it becomes a lot of fun indeed.
I'm getting better but not up to the flipping stuff pc videos show.

Just need the level 200 for the plat now, so each night doing a bit of grind levels. Not sure the best way to level xp? i'm running story mission 10 on shinobi difficulty, despite the talky bit at the end, it seems faster than the random missions.

EDIT: DING! :smashin: and plat.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried both the PSVR and the wireless (lower-priced) Oculus headset?
I'm wondering how the visuals compare.

Has anyone tried both the PSVR and the wireless (lower-priced) Oculus headset?
I'm wondering how the visuals compare.

The Quest has a higher resolution screen but less processing power. You'll find that the images are sharper but things like shadows, poly count and shading will be reduced.

The main selling point is being untethered, of course

I've not tried the quest but I know a few who have and all have been complimentary about the visuals

Digging thru my vids and found a level of Sairento. I was well over level 100 at this point, hence almost constant slo-mo :smashin:

Yes, I have.

Cheers, I like the look of that, I read a review last night that gave it 8.5 would you agree with that?

I love table top racing and it looks simmilar, is there enough content for 19.99?

Cheers, I like the look of that, I read a review last night that gave it 8.5 would you agree with that?

I love table top racing and it looks simmilar, is there enough content for 19.99?

There's a lot of events for both regular and weapons racing, a decent number of cars, you can play it flat or in VR and the multiplayer is cross player. It would take a while to go through everything on offer.

The main downside that I have heard is that the AI isn't that difficult to beat, until you get pretty far into the game.

Difficult to comment on value as that is very subjective.

A developer who made some experiences on PSVR has said PSVR2 will release in 2020 and it may have multiple versions, you can get features like wireless and eye tracking for example. No dates have been given but the dev suggests it's likely they will ship with the PS5.

This came from an interview via a site I have never heard of so take with a pinch of salt. I guess it would make sense to release a new PSVR headset with the PS5 though.

Sony have shut down their Manchester development studio that was working on an unannounced AAA VR game.

I know they had been recruiting for there for a few years now, but nothing seemed to come of it.

It's not known why they closed it, or what this means for their ongoing first party VR support.

I don't think it means anything for first-party, Sony is still very much on board with VR even more so with PS5 going by the interviews they have given up to now, there could be a ton of reasons why they shut them down after all it's not the first time Sony has shut down a first-party studio during development after all they shut down Studio Liverpool even though they did the Wipeout series and were doing one for PS4 launch.

Random question about the PSVR...
What’s 3D films like to watch on it? Is it a better experience than watching them on a 3D TV?
My current tv is on its last legs so will be replacing with 4K tv, but I’ve got quite a collection of 3D films. I’m one of the rare people that enjoys them

Random question about the PSVR...
What’s 3D films like to watch on it? Is it a better experience than watching them on a 3D TV?
My current tv is on its last legs so will be replacing with 4K tv, but I’ve got quite a collection of 3D films. I’m one of the rare people that enjoys them

Im a big fan of 3d, had all sorts of tvs and projectors since it came out. Psvr 3d never did it for me, I couldn't get over the drop in quality.

It's probably great fun if you haven't seen it far better.

That said, I only tried it at launch and haven't revisited so perhaps it's improved?

To answer your question, no, it's not as good as a decent 3dtv

I always preferred passive to active 3d, maybe that's a personal choice

Sorry if this has been done to death...

What's the latest suggested work around for 4k with a V1 VR set up?
Read some people using a 2 way switch box. They all seem to say you need to run an HDMI TV for PS4 direct AND one for the PSVR, but you don't need the TV to play on the VR so is that not cable overkill?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom