Q magazine to end – alternatives?

Flashy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really sad to see Q axed: Q Magazine to close after 34 years

I’ve read it on and off for about 25 years and while it got thinner over time there was always something interesting. The reviews section was always worth a look and introduced me to countless bands/artists over the years that I wouldn’t have heard of otherwise.

Vox, Select, Melody Maker, The Word, the NME, no doubt countless others and now Q. Sad day. But I won’t dwell.

Can anyone recommend something to fill the void? Online or print, doesn’t matter. Mojo? Uncut?

Music journalism is about the only kind I’ve never even looked at online, so any recommendations welcomed.

Last edited:
shame but not a surprise. it must be very difficult to keep a print magazine going theses days.
and with covid causing havoc....
no recommendations either sorry :blush:
i see NME is digital still

shame but not a surprise. it must be very difficult to keep a print magazine going theses days.
and with covid causing havoc....
no recommendations either sorry :blush:
i see NME is digital still
Always liked the 50 Albums of the Year. Was a time when I’d see how many I’m got over the previous 12 months. More recently it increasingly became ‘how many of these have I even heard of?’.

Got Q free with bank account and they’ve replaced it with Mojo. First one I got was okay so will see how it goes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom