Q80 R seems to block Sky HD+ signal with HDMI cable

lexazur

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got a Samsung Q80R.

When I connected my Sky HD plus box no signal on the TV showed.

After doing some tests with a smaller TV alongside I found out that when I connect an HDMI cable to the Q80R it takes out the signal on the Sky box and no live TV BUT I can play back recorded programmes on the Q80R with no problem.

So it seems that when the HDMI cable is connected to the Q80R it somehow effects the signal on the Sky box but when discounted the Sky box gets its signal.

I also confirmed this by starting recording a programme on the other TV and then after 20 seconds pulled the HDMI out of the small Tv and connected into the Q80R and on playback after about 20 seconds on playback the recorded programme stopped.

Anyone have any ideas or help how to correct this please?

Thanks

Different hdmi cable? Cheap pound store or Amazon basics often get recommended here over fancy expensive brands.

Keep hdmi and $ky LNB shotgun cables further apart?

Ditto TV and $ky box.

Remake the plugs on the $ky shotgun cables - they may be letting in the interference. Pay close attention to the screens on both cables, and ensure the centre pin is not bent over when re-inserting them.

Ensure they are fully screwed into the F-sockets of the $ky box (they should need a small spanner to undo and re-tighten).

Hi,

Thanks for that.

I don't understand while it works perfectly well with a older small TV using all the same wires, fittings and HDMI cable the only difference is the TV's??????

I don't understand while it works perfectly well with a older small TV using all the same wires, fittings and HDMI cable the only difference is the TV's??????
The new TV is the source of the interference due to:
  • the 4k resolution that the smaller set doesn't have
  • the QLED system cf ???
  • the internal computer processors speed/type
  • poorer screening of the potential interference source
or similar.

You know the problem is the TV by your tests so far. Now you need to determine how to fix the problem.

This happened when I swapped my LG nano cell round the other day, won’t play recordings only live tv, got it sorted it’s in the settings .. under sound, if you google it.. it will explain, it’s due to the sky box using wrong sound for your tv.. weird I know.

Mine is the other way round, it will play recorded material but not live TV and I can't work out what is happening.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom