QLED or Nanocell

bulldog1965

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi i am a bit unsure on what to buy. I am looking at buying a new tv and upgrading to a 75" now i have seen a couple of TV`s in curry's which is the LG 75SM9000PLA and the
SAMSUNG QE75Q75TATXXU. The LG is Nano-cell technology and the Samsung is QLED. There is a £400 difference in the selling price as the LG is the last one in the shop and on display (I think its discontinued) and is a 2nd gen processor. My question is whats the difference as i am not sure which one to go buy. £1599 or £1999 for the Samsung.
Which would be better. I am a big movie buff and son is on about getting the new ps5. Its has to have 4 HDMI and 2 USB with ARC as i have a Yamaha sound bar
I just need advice because i am totally going from one to the other and not really knowing what is best all round. Any advice would be helpfull

Last edited:
Both Nano cell and QLED refer to minor components of the screen rather than major improvements, so those terms should really just be considered the name of the model range, to denote the upper mid-range and high end models from their respective brands.

Competing models from manufacturers like Sony are just as good, better in some cases.

Both are fairly unremarkable mid-range models, I'd suspect the Samsung to be slightly better as LG's mid-range models have been struggling, but not to the tune of £500. The Q75T is a lot more expensive at the moment because it launched just a few months ago. The Q60R is probably the 2019 equivalent of that model and the last ones seem to be being sold off for £1300-1400 online.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom