quad 405-2 question

backers

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All.
I was thinking of buying a quad 405-2 and a quad 33 preamp seeing as i heard one many years ago and was blown away by the sound it produced. I was only 20yrs of age and the experience has stuck with me all these years. I have just retired, the kids have moved out, a room has become available and i was thinking of setting it up as my own space. I am totally out of my depth and clueless when it comes to equipment and what is needed. My question is: Can i connect a Cambridge Dacmagic to the Quad given the gap in age and technology and would it be worthwhile. I am still trying to pick suitable speakers and the advice on some sites say Castle speakers. Any information or advice would be really helpful and truly appreciated. I do not have any experience in this subject and have a limited budget and just wanted to reproduce a sound from my youth with the ease of modern streamed music. Thanks for reading this post

Hello, are you planning a 2 channel hifi set-up? If so, you may be posting in the wrong forum.

I love your plan though, and you should get hold of an old Quad system to finally scratch that itch. I wonder if you may find more modern systems sound just as good and are easier to live with, however.

You really need to hear speakers and amps before you commit to them, especially in your room. I wonder if you could find a helpful dealer who will let you home demo some kit to help you to choose.

Hello, are you planning a 2 channel hifi set-up? If so, you may be posting in the wrong forum.

I love your plan though, and you should get hold of an old Quad system to finally scratch that itch. I wonder if you may find more modern systems sound just as good and are easier to live with, however.

You really need to hear speakers and amps before you commit to them, especially in your room. I wonder if you could find a helpful dealer who will let you home demo some kit to help you to choose.
Hi Rambles. Thank you for the quick reply and advice. Yes it is a 2 channel set up. as you can see, if i cant pick the right forum i wont have much chance on selecting the right system. More research and knowledge of the subject is required. Stay safe and once again thank you

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom