Question about fridge freezer temperatures

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a new LG American Fridge Freezer a few weeks ago. I also bought a digital thermometer to keep in each compartment. Now and again the freezer appears to get a bit frosty and I notice the temperature which should be in 19 degrees is way off. Sometimes is 27 degrees and sometimes it’s only -5. My thermometer records the lowest and highest temps since it’s been reset.

Could it be my thermometer that’s wrong or do all freezers fluctuate like this?

Are you thermometer's designed to stay at sub zero temperatures for long duration's.?

Are you thermometer's designed to stay at sub zero temperatures for long duration's.?
Yes. They are made for fridges. I have been reading up and it appears to be normal. It’s when it auto defrosts. It’s does it so many times a day. It’s just the air inside that changes temperature and the food remains frozen fine. If every freezer does this then how come the ones with built in thermostats that tell you the internal temps don’t have the alarm going off all the time?

If every freezer does this then how come the ones with built in thermostats that tell you the internal temps don’t have the alarm going off all the time?
Because it is designed not to

atm I have set our fridge to +8 for it to stay between 2 and 5c, if I set it to +2/4 or 6 its usually at or below 0.

This isn't fridge temp either, I put the thermometer inside a glass of water so that temp would be coming from liquids

Where
This isn't fridge temp either, I put the thermometer inside a glass of water so that temp would be coming from liquids
Too many variables with a fridge to get a rock solid temperature constantly.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom