Question: Anyone serviced their Tag Heuer before ?

bl0ckev

Had a quote recently from Luxury Watch Repairs for the general service of my watch CV2A1R.FC6235

I was expecting around 300-400 bu the quote came back at £513 and wondered if this sounds right ?!

Bugbait

The larger Swiss brands will usually offer a fixed price service. This includes a full movement overhaul and refinishing of the externals including the bracelet if it applies. Any internal parts for the movement that need to be replaced are usually included. Anything external apart from crown and pushers (usually replaced for full service) is usually an additional charge (clasp, bezel, etc.).

Independents will usually have a fixed base charge plus additional for any parts. If the watch is internally very worn then it can get expensive.

Sandman

Distinguished Member
Does it actually need a service? Is it running slow/fast? If not save your money, there is no benefit to having it serviced routinely. I sent my 20 year old Speedmaster for a service and it was the standard price and came back looking and running like new.

bl0ckev

Was losing a bit of time yes, declined tho and thought I’ll just give it a good clean

Mr.D

Distinguished Member

Brendan has done great work for me in the past including resurrecting a Tag Monaco that a Chealwatch service butchered twice.

He charges reasonable rates , has a turnaround of a few weeks at most and is extremely honest with the work requirements and estimates. I'd trust him with anything.

bl0ckev

Brendan has done great work for me in the past including resurrecting a Tag Monaco that a Chealwatch service butchered twice.

He charges reasonable rates , has a turnaround of a few weeks at most and is extremely honest with the work requirements and estimates. I'd trust him with anything.
Excellent - I’ll look into this when the watch comes back

bl0ckev

Got the watch back and I’m fuming they’ve put the watch strap on backwards - useless!!