Quick questions about Sky+ box after leaving Sky

BECKS7

Novice Member
Firstly apologies, but i have tried to search for the answers before posting so apologies if they were actually there.

Have decided to cancel Sky TV due to cost, and am currently looking at best options for what to do next but am looking at Freesat / Freeview options for a while. Having had Sky i have the dish so first thought was to get a Freesat recorder, but having seen lots of mixed reviews on the latest Arris box i'm not sure i want to get one of those immediately although suspect they'll be alright in a year or so. My next option was the Humax but that seems to be have been replaced by the new Arris one and i'd prefer a new box so it has warranty with it. So i'm now thinking the options of either Freeview recorder or doing something with my Sky+ box.

Am i right in thinking that the Sky+ box automatically converts over to a Freesat box (Freesat by Sky) but with a couple more channels than a standard Freesat box, although nothing hugely significant.? Do i have to pay a one off fee to get a new card though or as it's "free"sat then nothing at all?

I'm aware i can pay £10 / month to use the recording facility on it which i'm tempted to do for a bit until the Arris boxes sort out their issues. However is it a 12 / 18 months minimum contract or month by month? Also does that allow you to schedule recordings like i could previously on up to 2 channels of the remaining channels? Also am i able to still download catch up programmes for these channels if i do / don't pay the £10 per month, or just not at all?

Many thanks in advance

depot

The only bit I can help with is the sky box just becomes a non recordable freesat box with a couple of extra channels, it definitely has freesports and channel 4 in HD, and I think a couple of others, you don’t pay for any card, it just works as freesat.

logiciel

Take out your card and find out what it does. I don’t know whether Sky still charge just for recording so ask them.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom