Quiet Dialogue Loud Music Issue - NETFLIX

ChrisL101

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a A7300 Hisense TV. I've noticed that on Netflix the music/sound fx are so much louder than the dialogue which I can hardly hear. I'm hoping the TV is on the wrong setting. I currently have it set to standard and the surround sound off. Any tips?

I think your best bet would be to add an soundbar,to your setup,should help a lot with S/Q.

:)
I've actually just played the same TV show on Netflix but from my Amazon Fire Stick. Sounds perfect. Are the sound settings different on the fire stick? By that I mean if I adjust my sound EQ settings on the TV will that not matter because the FireStick has it's down default settings?

I've actually just played the same TV show on Netflix but from my Amazon Fire Stick. Sounds perfect. Are the sound settings different on the fire stick? By that I mean if I adjust my sound EQ settings on the TV will that not matter because the FireStick has it's down default settings?
[/QU
Sorry not sure,not used an Amazon Fire Stick,but the S/Q will adjust to the quality of the program feed.

Sorry not sure,not used an Amazon Fire Stick,but the S/Q will adjust to the quality of the program feed.

I have a B7500 and when I watch any of the streaming catch up services or Netflix the sound is lower than broadcast TV or anything through the HDMI port and I have to turn the sound up around double what I normally do in order to comfortably hear it. Just need to remember to turn it back down before I exit or broadcast TV volume would deafen you!

This suggests the TV is not making a particularly good job of downmixing and processing the Netflix stream. I don't think this is related to the quality of the feed, but is down to the way that the TV has been designed or programmed.

I would second that a sound bar is probably the simplest fix. Did this for my mother's TV, as although the audio was not bad, it was not adjustable in any way and just sounded a bit flat. The soundbar added some life and the different modes have made for a more pleasurable listening experience.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom