Racket Fury: Table Tennis VR - 21-03-2020: Lets start a box league

I have been playing this game a few hours a week with TheyCallMeTJ since the last post in this thread and we've progressed so much in this game in simulation mode! We've come to the point where we've reached the limits of the game and hardware though. The frequent lagging can be blamed on my internet, but at other times the game just fails to keep up cause we play at a fast rhythm and had to restart our session in order to continue. Or at my end you can hear the ball bounce twice but on TJ's end it only registers one bounce and play goes on and vice versa ... not ideal. I have also experienced on multiple occasions that my serves don't register cause the move controllers are close to each other/overlapping while at other times there's no problem with the same motion. All in all just minor niggles I guess, it's still excellent and a 100% percent workout for an hour if you play it seriously.

Our long time resident TheyCallMeTJ still wins most of our matches though, like 90 percent maybe. He has got me developing my powerplay game which works for certain patches in matches, but I can't match his constant excellence in subtle touch and variation, not even close. It's also usually me who ruins a good rally after five or six strokes, but since he lets me hit my sort of cheating serves I can manage to win sometimes. :D

Just want to give an update on this as I now have an Oculus Quest 2. The developers gave me a free Quest code due to a profile reset bug I had.

So I have now played this game on both platforms and without a doubt, the PSVR is the superior version in terms of fluid gameplay. See, the PSVR's 120Hz refresh rate is the secret ingredient of true VR experience. Not the graphics details. The difference is night and day.

Another benefit is that the move controllers almost feels like holding a real paddle, where as the Quest controllers are very awkward, although there are paddle adapter accessories that are availabe from US, costing around £40 including shipping.

But the biggest drawback with PSVR compare to Quest is....there is hardly any players online. On Quest, there are always hundreds of players online, you never need to wait for someone. But on PSVR, you are most of the time, alone in that waiting lounge. Which is why I am grateful to Lepego for being a regular partner throughout the summer/autumn. I have literally lost several pounds from playing the game and noticeably put on weight again when Lepego was unable to play for a long period!

Despite the developers abandoning this platform and focussing on the Quest updates (understandably), the PSVR version is still the best. PSVR Racket Fury is also so much more fun than the hyped Eleven Table Tennis that everyone in the Quest/PC VR world love (which is very very good)...but they never played on the PSVR and most never will because of their wrong perception of PSVR's being massively inferior, which of course, it isnt.

If any of you like to play me or Lepego, do give us a shout...warning, though, we are very good because we were playing 2-3 times a week for 1 hour 15mins each session...on simulation mode :)

Unfortunately, I think this will be a trend. If you want to play any VR multiplayer, Quest will be the one to go to. PSVR multiplayer games, unless they have cross play, tend to die out pretty quick. The only exception being Firewall.

Currently free on UK PSN store.

(says until 19/6/2021)

Yeah, in the last few days I was in shock to see 40 players online at the same time! Then one of them told me the game was made free, so that explains it. Before that, there were zero players online every time I hooked up with my regular online partners.

I have been constantly playing this game 3-4 times a week for I think two years now but I have increased that playing time to welcome all the new comers and offer tips and playing advice. It's great to see this surge of players in what I think is the most physically realistic sport simulation akin to bring in a star trek holodeck program!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom