Rambo (2008) 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Currently down for 3rd September 2019 in the US. Will update thread should a UK release be confirmed. Lionsgate in the US but I think it's still under Sony here so would be their call.

4K ULTRA HD SPECIAL FEATURES:

Audio Commentary with Sylvester Stallone (Theatrical Cut Only)
“It’s a Long Road: Resurrection of an Icon” Featurette
“A Score to Settle: The Music of Rambo” Featurette
“The Art of War: Completing Rambo” Multi-Part Featurette
“The Weaponry of Rambo” Featurette
“A Hero’s Welcome: Release and Reaction” Featurette
“Legacy of Despair: The Real Struggle In Burma” Featurette
“Rambo: To Hell & Back” Director’s Production Diary
Deleted Scenes
Theatrical Trailer
CAST
Sylvester Stallone Rocky, Creed, The Expendables Franchise
Julie Benz TV’s “Dexter,” “Hawaii Five-O,” “Defiance”
Matthew Marsden Black Hawk Down, Resident Evil: Extinction, Bounty Killer
Graham McTavish Aquaman, The Hobbit Franchise, TV’s “Preacher”

PROGRAM INFORMATION:

Year of Production: 2007
Type: Theatrical Release
Rating: Rated R for strong graphic bloody violence, sexual assaults, grisly images and language (Theatrical Cut), Unrated (Extended Cut)
Genre: Action
Closed Captioned: NA
Subtitles: English, Spanish, English SDH
Feature Running Time: 91 Minutes (Theatrical Cut), 99 Minutes (Extended Cut)
4K Ultra HD™ Format: Dolby Vision, 2160p Ultra High Definition, 16×9 1.85:1 Presentation
Blu-ray Format: 1080p High Definition, 16×9 2.40:1 Presentation
4K Audio Status: English Dolby Atmos
Blu-ray Audio Status: English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™

Last edited:
Although the 7.1 track is utterly perfect I’m disappointed not to see an Atmos track.
Also, I wonder which version this will be. The US had a different cut of the film on Blu-ray (I preferred it tbh).

I have the blu-ray of this film but it doesn't play on my panasonic UB900 so i'll more than likely go for the 4K UHD version.

Imagine this with an Atmos mix? :thumbsup:

Currently down for 3rd September 2019 in the US. Will update thread should a UK release be confirmed. Lionsgate in the US but I think it's still under Sony here so would be their call.

Brilliant news I can't wait to see this in 4k.

It is a superb film.

I also have the standard and director cut and like both.

Honestly, i do not see there being a UK release. Sony aren't all that UK market friendly compared to the US and i can't see them bothering.

Lionsgate literally release anything at any chance in the states though, so i was expecting it over there. Cant say I'm not a touch disappointed at the lack of an atmos mix, usually the one thing you can rely on Lionsgate 4k remasters for is stellar atmos.

It’s a bit on the odd side to say the least that Lionsgate would give something like The Lincoln Lawyer an Atmos audio option but not bother with Rambo.

It’s a bit on the odd side to say the least that Lionsgate would give something like The Lincoln Lawyer an Atmos audio option but not bother with Rambo.
Agreed. saying that they didn't for Halloween, the witch, both evil dead's, lock-up and numerous other new releases that didn't have one in cinemas - so it's not exactly unheard of. Not to mention the other 3 rambo's and T2 - although those were basically repackaged studiocanal discs.

Updated spec (OP) confirms both Theatrical and Extended cuts included, and Dolby Atmos/Vision
Artwork attached.

Attachments

• Rambo_US cover.jpg
    Rambo_US cover.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 91
Fab! Sold on an import for that one.

Looking forward to the CG blood spatter being even more unconvincing in 4K HDR :D

Updated spec (OP) confirms both Theatrical and Extended cuts included, and Dolby Atmos/Vision
Artwork attached.
Thanks ordered from wow hd.

Ordered

ordered as well damn that vat on wowhd purchases now

I have the blu-ray of this film but it doesn't play on my panasonic UB900 so i'll more than likely go for the 4K UHD version.
hey i had the same problem - turn of your live blu ray internet and it will work
its because it searches for the live content of the disc - once u switch it off from settings will work

Their is no customs but their is a tax for orders over £15.
And yes it is from the USA region.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom