Rambo 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I’ll have to try and pick one up on eBay. I didn’t even realise there was a directors cut. My original reaction to the film was that it was a bit weak.

Watched this the week before last. Its certainly an upgrade for PQ over the Blu Ray. Im just eagerly awaiting to pump out the Atmos soundtrack.

Very happy to hear this includes both versions. I had the US blu-ray of the directors cut, which is fine, but for me the theatrical cut is the best. The violence feels more raw (Rambo killing the pirates was way more brutal) and the character dynamics a bit less forced.

The 7.1 mix on the disc was crazy, so I can only imagine how the Atmos would sound. Sticking this on my pick up list!

I have the itunes us version that has had the Dolby atmos and vision upgrade,and the atmos sounds amazing...would dredd to think how the audio on the 4k disc would sound like!

Are the std blu's region free by any chance?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
only seen this once when originally released, had no intention of watching it ever again, can't remember anything other than a 5 minute blast of the 50 cal. Read the review, hit the order button!!! Thanks Cas! :eek:

I didn't even know this movie existed, thought Rambo 3 was the last one until the new one. This actually sounds quite good, might need to give it a go.

I didn't even know this movie existed, thought Rambo 3 was the last one until the new one. This actually sounds quite good, might need to give it a go.

You should, it sets up Last Blood and, tonally, I would expect it to be fairly similar (i.e. very unlike 3 and, to some extent, 2, and closer to First Blood).

Ha hah what a film. Utterly ridonkulous, but so so good. We all know what happens to someone when when they get shot, (even with a .50 cal sniper) and it's not what happens here. But I don't care.

The typical British squaddie, is well, typical, but he's bearable. Other than that I love this laughable film.

Julie Benz drew me back in originally after seeing her in Angel and Dexter. Oh and the violent fun. Probably more the latter.
This outing is better than 2 & 3 for me in substance and so the 4K release is very welcome.
Stallone knows how to play to his limited strengths and brooding payback ways; like a jilted Miss Havisham, ever expecting the worst by either others or their own hand.
Reference of the day, met.
Cheers as per, Cas.

Edit. Just re watched First Blood. Damn the brutality of...the end theme song.
Forgot how few lines Stallone has in this apart from his end dribble/mumble fest.
Classic stuff all the same.

Last edited:
Great review.
I’d also echo what Cas says in that the Stallone commentary is superb on this. Also the production diaries extra is also superb.

I’d also add if you enjoy his commentary in this then you should give his commentary on 2006’s Rocky Balboa a spin. That’s also superb

Last edited:
Great review.
I’d also echo what Cas says in that the Stallone commentary is superb on this. Also the production diaries extra is also superb.

.....I presume that both yourself and @Casimir Harlow were using the subtitles? :devil:

Give it a rest Cas! I need to actually spend money on food this month :facepalm::laugh:

Definitely picking this up, It was almost up there with John wick, And if not for the fact we had a good idea of what to expect probably would have been!

Thanks for taking the time to review this one :thumbsup:

(Edited as I just realised I had not worded it quite right on my phone lol)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom