Rambo III 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

I'm firmly in the camp of appreciating this film for what it was back in the day ... & over 3 decades on still ranking it as one of my favorite films in this genre.

Sly & Jerry Goldsmith are the two biggest factors.

For anyone who has not listened to the OST in osolation - this album contains some of the best action score music I have ever had the pleasure of listening to:

Agree on the 4k restoration - superb picture and ok sound.

The score is indeed great in this, but then again, you'd expect nothing less from Jerry Goldsmith. The movie I'm not too fussed over, and it's best not to think too much about the plotline which involves US uber hero John Rambo joining the Taliban.

For me the weakest in the series, but the score is simply stunning. The track ‘Afghanistan ‘ is just drop dead quality.
Richard Crenna was wasted in this, and Marc De Jong was rushed in (from memory) after Sly changed the villain.
Great cinematography.
I remember when it came out it got stuffed by the crocodile Dundee sequel.

It is a good film but unfortunately I can't take the movie seriously after seeing Hot Shots Part Deux, it rips it off superbly.

is it the "uncut" version? I recall there being controversy over the scene where the young kid gets hold of Rambo's knife and juggles about with it which was originally cut over here

is it the "uncut" version? I recall there being controversy over the scene where the young kid gets hold of Rambo's knife and juggles about with it which was originally cut over here
Also for many a year the BBFC would not allow the horse tripping scenes.

I've just noticed that the UK version is 92 minutes and the US version is 102 minutes, thats a big difference how come the US version is ten minutes longer not for the credits surely.

Thanks for the review Cas.

I've just noticed that the UK version is 92 minutes and the US version is 102 minutes, thats a big difference how come the US version is ten minutes longer not for the credits surely.

It must be a PAL/NTSC/24p running time issue but even with that the difference wouldn’t be 10 mins. It will just be a misprint I’m sure.

I’d love to take the credit but this was all Simon; I’ve yet to enjoy revisiting them in 4K!
OOps done it again, Thanks for the review Simon.

Just watched Rambo 3 this afternoon the 102 minute version from America, it was a better film from what i remember when i watched it in the past. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom