Rambo: Last Blood 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Coulson

Distinguished Member
I quite like the first two and the third is amusing as a sort of bizarro 80s curio where the "good" guys are the Taliban.
Taliban or just Afgan people?
I've yet to see the fifth, but I've read it's basically a Trumpian right wing propaganda piece, and the critics (including Kermode) absolutely hated it. (it's on 27% on Rotten Tomatoes)
I like Kermode but he can be a bit of a snowflake ;)
Anyway, it's just a revenge movie. People with agendas just want to hate on this movie like Joker. I'm not saying that you should or will like this movie. Also I kind of understand why they are saying that, but saying it is pro Trump is a reach. It really is just a brutal revenge movie.

Kotatsu Neko

Taliban or just Afgan people?

I like Kermode but he can be a bit of a snowflake ;)
Anyway, it's just a revenge movie. People with agendas just want to hate on this movie like Joker. I'm not saying that you should or will like this movie. Also I kind of understand why they are saying that, but saying it is pro Trump is a reach. It really is just a brutal revenge movie.
They were fighting the Russians in 80s, so they’re the Taliban. Back then the US supported them. Hindsight eh?

I generally agree with Kermode, except when he goes off on one about some ultra art house black and white documentary about Icelandic goat farmers or something similar.

Coulson

Distinguished Member
They were fighting the Russians in 80s, so they’re the Taliban. Back then the US supported them. Hindsight eh?
Just politics. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
I generally agree with Kermode, except when he goes off on one about some ultra art house black and white documentary about Icelandic goat farmers or something similar.
I like his reviews too even is he is a bit of a woke luvvy lol. If he thinks a film is poor, then he will say so, even if he really wants that person or agenda to succeed.

Andy3105

Has anyone from the studio or even Stallone himself explained the reason some territories got the extended cut theatrically whilst others didn't....?

terencejames

You've got to hand it to Stallone, he's not bowed down the studios that want everything to be a 12A / PG13 certificate. He knows his audience and is happy to cater for them. The film itself is entertaining enough although it's only the last half an hour the really catch the eye.

As an aside, I've always felt a bit sorry for Stallone. He's obviously a very clever guy and accomplished film maker but is largely thought of as a mumbling idiot.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Has anyone from the studio or even Stallone himself explained the reason some territories got the extended cut theatrically whilst others didn't....?
was it not that test audiences in the US didn’t rate it or like it ? so the studio cut it ? I’m sure I read this somewhere and simonblue in a post above says similar

Sonic67

Banned
They were fighting the Russians in 80s, so they’re the Taliban.
They were the Mujahideen in Rambo III. That doesn't make them Taliban.

A little racist to assume everyone in Afghanistan thinks or is the same. How many different ideologies are there in the UK?

Sonic67

Banned

Sylvester Stallone said in interviews that reason why original opening, in which Rambo saves a young girl during storm but fails to save couple more people and then comes back home and talks with Maria about what happened before going off to sleep in tunnels while listening "Five To One" by The Doors, was cut is because younger members of test screening audience didn't really get entire scene, and because it was felt that movie should open with later scene where Rambo is working on his ranch in order to get to the main story quicker. The original opening and some other additional scenes were in the film until about three weeks before it was released in theaters since version without these scenes tested better, but these were kept in lot of international theatrical versions. Other deleted scenes from first cut of the film however were not released.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
I’ve watched this a couple of times and in reflection I prefer to think of the Rambo series ending at the end of the rather awesome fourth movie.
This one and he could be named anyone other than John Rambo. Don’t get me wrong I think it’s a decent film but it doesn’t fit in with the others. You’d be mistaken for thinking your watching Rocky in the first half hour given his chat.

metalpaul1000

Watched this last night, Decent picture. Sound was good (really emphasised the Stallone mumble ;) )
really short movie. I would categorise this a movie to watch with beers. Good violent 3rd act. Agree with others though. Doesnt feel like a Rambo movie.