Rambo: Last Blood 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Thanks cas. It’s on the list! Can’t wait

Well, I will not be buying the UK edition (or even the US edition). Australian version is the only option for the extended version... so far.

Well, I will not be buying the UK edition (or even the US edition). Australian version is the only option for the extended version... so far.

I think the Germans are going to have the extended cut as well,but how the subs for the Spanish dialogue is going to appear ?

I also think the Aus one,the extended cut is on the blu ray not the 4K disc

:)

Last edited:
Thanks Cas for the review. Personally I think Rambo has had its days.
It was OK but not something I"ll watch again. Can't beat First Blood. Hopefully they live up to the title and call it.

I called this movie efficient, very little fat. I personally don't think that this is the weakest Rambo film unless you are talking about the trilogy Rambo First Blood, Rambo, Rambo Last Blood. Even then I would say it's a toss up between First Blood and Last Blood. First Blood is the better film, but I was probably more entertained by Last Blood.

Decent enough story line, the only thing that was "convenient" is when
the bad guys didn't kill him.
The reason is obvious but it still sticks out like a sore thumb. I soon forgot about it though when things got serious. I "might" have to re-buy First Blood so I have the trilogy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Germans are going to have the extended cut as well,but how the subs for the Spanish dialogue is going to appear ?

I think you're right regarding the extended cut being on BD only. I'm going to wait to see the German one but I suspect it'll be no good (because of the subs) :(

I just checked. France and Italy also have extended 4k editions. The rest looks exactly as you have described. Germany has 4k/Blu extended, Australia has Blu only.

Of course he beats opponents half his age. It's a film! With Rambo in! Lol
I hope this turns up on a streaming service as I really enjoyed the precious film but I don't buy discs anymore.

Thanks Cas. On my Rental list - it needed an uptick, as I'd been buying a little too much last year :)

I have the Australian 4k and can confirm the extended cut is on the normal blu only.

I got the 4K UHD from jbhifi the other day. Watched the blu, it's really solid,i'm happy with it until an english friendly uhd appears. There's too much spanish dialogue , any extended 4k will need english subs to be acceptable.

Watched this last night and actually enjoyed it, yes the script was a bit lame and predictable but the way Rambo kills his enemies one by one was gruesome and so entertaining.
It is predictable but fun.

Watching this I have a suspicion that some people don't like this because it goes against the current narrative.
The girl makes a decision, which is obviously stupid and sadly suffers the consequences.
That was horrific by the way. But if you remember that
a rapist was active in Birmingham (?), anyway the police advised women against going out alone late at night. The result was protests from women and some men that this is placing the blame on the woman lol.

FYI
Apparently it was Stalone's decision to keep the film at 90 minutes. The actual scenes cut do change the tone of the film slightly as it probably gives more reason for his violent reactions. But to be honest I think that
His surrogate daughter being kidnapped with her being his tether to this reality
is more than enough motivation.

Is it just the opening rainstorm scene that is different on the extended cut?

The film was entertaining in it's own right for sure and I have always liked the Rambo theme as well as Rocky. This one though was a bit miserable with very little upbeat for me. Still would be interested to see the extended version. I remember watching the normal version of Batman V Superman and was very disappointed but then saw the extended version and it changed the whole movie for me, it was terrific with more Joker and grit. I guess they don't show the longer versions in case people get bored ??? I am not sure.

It's ok, need subs for Sly :D:D due to excessive plastic surgery.
Give it a good 6/10 for the action, script is weak and predictable but you know the score.

great review, liked the film, not the best out of all the 5 but I still got my Stallone fix even if he is in his 70s! I only wished I knew about the extended cut before purchase! This will no doubt be rolled out as a special edition later in the year or part of a "limited edition" boxset for Christmas for us double dip mugs who need both editions!

I really quite liked what should of been the last Rambo outing that was vicious and unforgiving with a bloody violent finale . This outing for me was a Trump wet dream of a paint by numbers movie going back to type with its home alone finale .

3/10 for me .

this was a total turd. enjoyed the prevoius outing but this just seemed rushed and badly acted

I quite like the first two and the third is amusing as a sort of bizarro 80s curio where the "good" guys are the Taliban. The fourth was abysmal. I've yet to see the fifth, but I've read it's basically a Trumpian right wing propaganda piece, and the critics (including Kermode) absolutely hated it. (it's on 27% on Rotten Tomatoes)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom