Random musings that don't warrant their own thread

Chillie6

Distinguished Member
Do you have an old or new style Dinosaur?
Particularly a T-Rex?
Don't know the difference eh?

Old style T-Rex (before we understood much about them)

Note angle of body and tail down.

We now know much better hence modern T-Rex toys will/should look more like this:

Surely this is the old style T.Rex :laugh:

38437722-9007-4FE3-BE9F-169506923635.jpeg

Tempest

Distinguished Member
I've been there many time.
Walked from Seven Sisters to Berlin Gap.
Lovely long walk, fresh air, sea breeze.

I get the willies if I get too near to the edge. Not sure why. I mean I get close I suppose, in that 15 feet perhaps, but I seen people right near the edge..... nooooo

The 1st sister is the biggest one, she's the hardest one to get up, as you going from ground level to over 200 feet I think

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Is it just me, or does he really not look like the ideal presenter for young, fun child's toys?
Looks more like someone wanted by the police, IMHO.
Also the wall behind him. Not exactly a fun packed background either...

Just Me ?

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Sorry, but come on now. Who do they get to design/style these things?
Now I've never been to art class since leaving school, and I've never studied art, as such, the human body/anatomy of any good at sculpting.
But hell, even I can see this is REALLY not right.
Any art student should be able to do better than this would you not think, before it was made into molds for mass duplication?

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Sorry, but come on now. Who do they get to design/style these things?
Now I've never been to art class since leaving school, and I've never studied art, as such, the human body/anatomy of any good at sculpting.
But hell, even I can see this is REALLY not right.
Any art student should be able to do better than this would you not think, before it was made into molds for mass duplication?

I just thought Victoria Beckham had shaved her head.

Chillie6

Distinguished Member
I think we need to establish whether @HaRd2BeAr and @Chillie6 were following government guidelines when they travelled to Australia.
We were fine, it was in July last year so pre COVID. We did get a bit lost, we were supposed to be going to South Wales. I blame @HaRd2BeAr he made the travel arrangements. Plus he had a bit of an accident with the machete and we had to come up the hedge trimmer accident story. Am now looking for a new business partner. :laugh:

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
We were fine, it was in July last year so pre COVID. We did get a bit lost, we were supposed to be going to South Wales. I blame @HaRd2BeAr he made the travel arrangements. Plus he had a bit of an accident with the machete and we had to come up the hedge trimmer accident story. Am now looking for a new business partner. :laugh:
Why would I change a machete for a hedge trimmer :rotfl:

shodan

Distinguished Member
Feel like I'm winning today (for the moment).
First day off in 8 days (and working shifts of earlies, lates and nights are getting a bit old now), had a lie in till 9.30. Went to the supermarket for beer, gin, tonic and a paddling pool.
Sausage and bacon sandwiches for lunch, Doris set up the paddling pool, I managed to repair (soldered on a new cable and plug) my best headphones and now I'm sitting out on the decking at the back of the garden having a beer and listening to hi res music through my cans (Bill Withers - A Lovely Day - honestly I'm not making it up, it's perfect!) the youngest is flitting between the paddling pool and the trampoline and Doris is having a gin and player chequers with the boy. Even the dog is chilling out!

Even if just for a minute, I am grateful 👍

Attachments

Last edited:

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Should have said he was checking his eyesight.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
You did a funny.

#highfive

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
I think we need to establish whether @HaRd2BeAr and @Chillie6 were following government guidelines when they travelled to Australia.
I think they had been so 'busy' in lockdown they were going blind and needed to check their eyesight.

reiteration

been watching a few items on ebay (one i out a sneeky offer on for the kettlebell), and the bike belongs to a mate... and both auctions nhad been pulled and relisted... wonder why..the kettlebell had ended too...maybe didn't get a high enough price?

Was looking at a 32kg kettlbell, and it ended @ 72 quid –

1591002996288.png

And now it’s up for auction again despite it selling for 72 quid..

1591003014506.png

mate's bike was selling for 2050 quid, and his auction stopped stating (tho, cant remember how long was left on the auction..)–

1591003038361.png

And back up -

1591003081423.png

and this happened on both over night...just seems unusual...