Random musings that don't warrant their own thread

Tempest

Distinguished Member
When I dig down about 12" or so, I appear to hit a clay layer, which I guess is good for some plants as it seems to hold onto moisture, and despite weeks of no rain is still, not wet, but has moisture in it.

Digging this out and leaving in the sun for a week or so it bakes into a tough lump.
So, as I have weird thoughts all the time I decided to collect some of the bigger bits...

Poured on some water, let it soak for a few mins, and gave it a good hammering to do my best to break up the big bits, (soaked up water like a sponge)
Then added more and more water, and used a trowel to try and cut more bits up and smooth out to a gummy paste.
Will let soak now over night.

Now wondering what to do with this mixture?

Thought about adding just a little cement into it, and molding one of the skull things, or perhaps no cement (though would be a little brittle)

Anything else (without spending money) interesting you think I could do with this mix?

Quite like to make something I could spray varnish and have indoors, as a thing I made from the garden clay. (geometric shape?)

Note: I have no artistic talent as such, so whilst I'd love to, I am not able to sculpt it into anything.
Well, I could make a random messy shape I guess!

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Actually popped back outside at 1am last night/this morning to push some thru a typical kitchen sieve, and got something interesting out of it:

Just out of pure curiosity, I did smear some onto my forehead and let it dry:

Now you may think this is crazy, but after drying and washing it off, my skin felt really clean and smooth, so could be onto something here :)

I will admit though, it still needs like a level 2 sieve as there are still particles in it that would be nice to get out for application on your skin.

TaurusDevil

Harry Styles is really good!😯😁 Never thought I would say that!

Last edited:

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Ah ha................
So I need a LOT more water :)

Tempest

Distinguished Member
LOT more water added.......
Let's see how this goes :)

mjn

Distinguished Member
Had my COVID19 test today. That was mildly unpleasant, especially up the nose.

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Had my COVID19 test today. That was mildly unpleasant, especially up the nose.
No way am I going to have the test where someone sticks a Q-Tip into the middle of your brain.

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Found one I quite like the look of, but struggling to find the optional extra Cooking and Cleaning upgrade I'd need to go with it ;)

Tempest

Distinguished Member
A question.
For the Men, the Ladies and/or perhaps for the lawyers

Note this is just totally a theoretical question and in no way implies this is something with any relation to real world plans. Simply theoretical.

So, you meet a nice lady (or if you are a lady you meet a nice man)
Or I guess that's sexist, so lets's include man meets a man and lady meets a lady.
(no animals)

So, a human meets a human and they like each other, and get quite cozy together, round for a meal at home and alcohol starts to flow, rather too much, as I'm sure happens every single day of the week somewhere

(but not here :( )

Anyway..................

So you are both pretty drunk, and inhibitions are gone, and judgement is perhaps altered.
(you can see where this going I'm sure)

However, the home owner expresses worry about what may follow, and recalls they have home cctv installed.

So, they agree, to avoid possible issues later they'd stand in front of the camera, and state (in a giggly fashion!) that they really WANT each other and both agree to have "Bouncy Bouncy Time" together.

The morning comes, reality dawns a little, one of them leaves (lets say it's the lady, as that may be a typical scenario)

A day or two later, regrets start to emerge, and grow stronger, anger starts to set in and sadly the lady goes to the authorities saying she was forced into having sex whilst drunk, and was taken advantage of, etc etc etc.................

Given the "Pre Bouncy Video Footage" of both sides agreeing whilst under the influence.
Do you think she would have any legal leg to stand on whatsoever?

TaurusDevil

Whitesnake - In The Still Of The Night amazing song!😉🙂🤘

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
A question.
For the Men, the Ladies and/or perhaps for the lawyers

Note this is just totally a theoretical question and in no way implies this is something with any relation to real world plans. Simply theoretical.

So, you meet a nice lady (or if you are a lady you meet a nice man)
Or I guess that's sexist, so lets's include man meets a man and lady meets a lady.
(no animals)

So, a human meets a human and they like each other, and get quite cozy together, round for a meal at home and alcohol starts to flow, rather too much, as I'm sure happens every single day of the week somewhere

(but not here :( )

Anyway..................

So you are both pretty drunk, and inhibitions are gone, and judgement is perhaps altered.
(you can see where this going I'm sure)

However, the home owner expresses worry about what may follow, and recalls they have home cctv installed.

So, they agree, to avoid possible issues later they'd stand in front of the camera, and state (in a giggly fashion!) that they really WANT each other and both agree to have "Bouncy Bouncy Time" together.

The morning comes, reality dawns a little, one of them leaves (lets say it's the lady, as that may be a typical scenario)

A day or two later, regrets start to emerge, and grow stronger, anger starts to set in and sadly the lady goes to the authorities saying she was forced into having sex whilst drunk, and was taken advantage of, etc etc etc.................

Given the "Pre Bouncy Video Footage" of both sides agreeing whilst under the influence.
Do you think she would have any legal leg to stand on whatsoever?
Why not just get the app? App creates contracts for one night stands to 'prove' sex is consensual

Looks like people didn't like this one - I expect there are others.

Tempest

Distinguished Member
^ Never knew such a thing existed.
Slightly unsure if that's legal, would like to hear if it is.
Likewise, re my actual long question. What if you were drunk, and legally unable to make such a decision when you used the app?
For anything to legally stand I would THINK one would need to prove you were sober and not under the influence of anything at the time of using the app?

Actually sounds more risky than my camera scenario as at least with the camera, any lawyer/jury would be able to see both parties agreeing together and seeing neither side was under any pressure to say yes.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
^ Never knew such a thing existed.
Slightly unsure if that's legal, would like to hear if it is.
Likewise, re my actual long question. What if you were drunk, and legally unable to make such a decision when you used the app?
For anything to legally stand I would THINK one would need to prove you were sober and not under the influence of anything at the time of using the app?

Actually sounds more risky than my camera scenario as at least with the camera, any lawyer/jury would be able to see both parties agreeing together and seeing neither side was under any pressure to say yes.
Unless they look too drunk to consent in the video.

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Unless they look too drunk to consent in the video.
Hmmm, so if both parties are drunk on video, whilst they both give consent then logically it would seem hard to prosecute the other party. As they would also need to be equally deemed legally too drunk to have said yes to sex/knowing what they were agreeing to at the time.

Tempest

Distinguished Member
I'm not really sure if this is serious or a joke?

Once both individuals are satisfied with the rules of the agreement, it’s highly recommended to sign this form in the presence of a witness. If a lawyer is aiding either party with this agreement, the witness attesting to the signatures should be of a third party. Once the agreement is signed and completed, copies should be given to both the Proposer and Consenter.