I know :(

I've been there many time.
Walked from Seven Sisters to Berlin Gap.
Lovely long walk, fresh air, sea breeze.

I get the willies if I get too near to the edge. Not sure why. I mean I get close I suppose, in that 15 feet perhaps, but I seen people right near the edge..... nooooo

The 1st sister is the biggest one, she's the hardest one to get up, as you going from ground level to over 200 feet I think

Is it just me, or does he really not look like the ideal presenter for young, fun child's toys?
Looks more like someone wanted by the police, IMHO.
Also the wall behind him. Not exactly a fun packed background either...

Just Me ?

And Scratchy Bottom is about quarter of a mile from Durdle Door:
See, told you!

Sorry, but come on now. Who do they get to design/style these things?
Now I've never been to art class since leaving school, and I've never studied art, as such, the human body/anatomy of any good at sculpting.
But hell, even I can see this is REALLY not right.
Any art student should be able to do better than this would you not think, before it was made into molds for mass duplication?

3d84d6b12bc69a1f1c501c663c6fb992.png

Sorry, but come on now. Who do they get to design/style these things?
Now I've never been to art class since leaving school, and I've never studied art, as such, the human body/anatomy of any good at sculpting.
But hell, even I can see this is REALLY not right.
Any art student should be able to do better than this would you not think, before it was made into molds for mass duplication?

3d84d6b12bc69a1f1c501c663c6fb992.png

I just thought Victoria Beckham had shaved her head.

I think we need to establish whether @HaRd2BeAr and @Chillie6 were following government guidelines when they travelled to Australia.

We were fine, it was in July last year so pre COVID. We did get a bit lost, we were supposed to be going to South Wales. I blame @HaRd2BeAr he made the travel arrangements. Plus he had a bit of an accident with the machete and we had to come up the hedge trimmer accident story. Am now looking for a new business partner. :laugh:

We were fine, it was in July last year so pre COVID. We did get a bit lost, we were supposed to be going to South Wales. I blame @HaRd2BeAr he made the travel arrangements. Plus he had a bit of an accident with the machete and we had to come up the hedge trimmer accident story. Am now looking for a new business partner. :laugh:

Why would I change a machete for a hedge trimmer :rotfl:

Feel like I'm winning today (for the moment).
First day off in 8 days (and working shifts of earlies, lates and nights are getting a bit old now), had a lie in till 9.30. Went to the supermarket for beer, gin, tonic and a paddling pool.
Sausage and bacon sandwiches for lunch, Doris set up the paddling pool, I managed to repair (soldered on a new cable and plug) my best headphones and now I'm sitting out on the decking at the back of the garden having a beer and listening to hi res music through my cans (Bill Withers - A Lovely Day - honestly I'm not making it up, it's perfect!) the youngest is flitting between the paddling pool and the trampoline and Doris is having a gin and player chequers with the boy. Even the dog is chilling out!

Even if just for a minute, I am grateful 👍

Attachments

• IMG_20200529_164540.jpg
    IMG_20200529_164540.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Should have said he was checking his eyesight.

That's OK, the police will take him straight to the police station.

You did a funny.

#highfive

Gary Barlow on the News making a record - still trying too hard! Looking for the knighthood.

I think we need to establish whether @HaRd2BeAr and @Chillie6 were following government guidelines when they travelled to Australia.

I think they had been so 'busy' in lockdown they were going blind and needed to check their eyesight.

been watching a few items on ebay (one i out a sneeky offer on for the kettlebell), and the bike belongs to a mate... and both auctions nhad been pulled and relisted... wonder why..the kettlebell had ended too...maybe didn't get a high enough price?

Was looking at a 32kg kettlbell, and it ended @ 72 quid –

1591002996288.png

And now it’s up for auction again despite it selling for 72 quid..

1591003014506.png

mate's bike was selling for 2050 quid, and his auction stopped stating (tho, cant remember how long was left on the auction..)–

1591003038361.png

And back up -

1591003081423.png

and this happened on both over night...just seems unusual...

When I dig down about 12" or so, I appear to hit a clay layer, which I guess is good for some plants as it seems to hold onto moisture, and despite weeks of no rain is still, not wet, but has moisture in it.

Digging this out and leaving in the sun for a week or so it bakes into a tough lump.
So, as I have weird thoughts all the time I decided to collect some of the bigger bits...

272352897b86a9b4a4a878d55c011061.jpg

Poured on some water, let it soak for a few mins, and gave it a good hammering to do my best to break up the big bits, (soaked up water like a sponge)
Then added more and more water, and used a trowel to try and cut more bits up and smooth out to a gummy paste.
Will let soak now over night.

7bfd95c3cac924bd25c2e41f47e8c6ab.jpg

Now wondering what to do with this mixture?

Thought about adding just a little cement into it, and molding one of the skull things, or perhaps no cement (though would be a little brittle)

Anything else (without spending money) interesting you think I could do with this mix?

Quite like to make something I could spray varnish and have indoors, as a thing I made from the garden clay. (geometric shape?)

Note: I have no artistic talent as such, so whilst I'd love to, I am not able to sculpt it into anything.
Well, I could make a random messy shape I guess!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom