Rarewaves ebay

SuperSam

Does anybody have any experiance with rarewaves-United Ebayer? Is it another one of Marios outlets? Are they customs friendly?

Indiana Jones

Pretty sure they are not customs friendly so if ordering over £15 take that into account.

Indiana Jones

How do orders from Mario skip customs charges?
He marks the value down, still a risk if customs nab it and inspect the contents but certainly much lower odds that happening to an individual seller than a company sending hundreds/thousands of packages a week.

Indiana Jones

None as stated they mark items below £15 or reship from within the uk
In regards to WowHD and Deepdiscount they charge the VAT at checkout for items over £15 so no customs charges on arrival or nasty RM handling fee.

Indiana Jones

What are the custom charges?
20% plus a handling fee from the company that delivers it so if RM they charge £8 so a £16 item if caught will end up with a £11.20 bill.

bigry

Distinguished Member
IJ wowhd have a few ebay accounts rarewaves and all your music being two of them.on eBay they don’t charge 20% vat and have buy two and get 15% of the total order on most items meaning most of the time they are cheaper via eBay then though their own site.

Indiana Jones

IJ wowhd have a few ebay accounts rarewaves and all your music being two of them.on eBay they don’t charge 20% vat and have buy two and get 15% of the total order on most items meaning most of the time they are cheaper via eBay then though their own site.
I certainly wasn’t aware of that and actually surprised as I thought they started charging the VAT because it was getting too expensive to pay it and re-ship whole offering free delivery (think that was part of what killed off Movietyme and DVDWorldUSA)

bigry

Distinguished Member
No they had to start charging vat as Uk government started to crack down on overseas companies avoiding adding vat So the likes of wowhd have to show they are complying with Uk vat.rules ,while it’s harder to proof on sites like amazon and eBay

bigry

Distinguished Member
Also why amazon.com started charging vat at about the same time if not a bit sooner then wow did.

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
I used Rarewaves recently and was very pleased with my experience.

Well over the customs limit and received with no issues, as it was clearly re-posted from within the UK.

The packaging was also nothing like wowhd and chums, I.E: Not crap.

simonblue

Distinguished Member

bigry

Distinguished Member
I used Rarewaves recently and was very pleased with my experience.

Well over the customs limit and received with no issues, as it was clearly re-posted from within the UK.

The packaging was also nothing like wowhd and chums, I.E: Not crap.
Received an item from rarewaves and one from wowhd both had same packing and same return address

Attachments

SuperSam

Rogue one arrived 16 days after dispatch. No excess charges. Looks like it was shipped from within uk.
Was expensive but it’s here in perfect condition. Slip and UV code is present as it’s brand new.
Will use again