Rarewaves ebay

SuperSam

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experiance with rarewaves-United Ebayer? Is it another one of Marios outlets? Are they customs friendly?

Pretty sure they are not customs friendly so if ordering over £15 take that into account.

How do orders from Mario skip customs charges?

How do orders from Mario skip customs charges?

He marks the value down, still a risk if customs nab it and inspect the contents but certainly much lower odds that happening to an individual seller than a company sending hundreds/thousands of packages a week.

Isn’t rarewaves part of the deep discount and wowhd group?

None as stated they mark items below £15 or reship from within the uk

Receive yesterday a £38 order from them via ebay with no charges.

None as stated they mark items below £15 or reship from within the uk

In regards to WowHD and Deepdiscount they charge the VAT at checkout for items over £15 so no customs charges on arrival or nasty RM handling fee.

What are the custom charges?

20% plus a handling fee from the company that delivers it so if RM they charge £8 so a £16 item if caught will end up with a £11.20 bill.

IJ wowhd have a few ebay accounts rarewaves and all your music being two of them.on eBay they don’t charge 20% vat and have buy two and get 15% of the total order on most items meaning most of the time they are cheaper via eBay then though their own site.

IJ wowhd have a few ebay accounts rarewaves and all your music being two of them.on eBay they don’t charge 20% vat and have buy two and get 15% of the total order on most items meaning most of the time they are cheaper via eBay then though their own site.

I certainly wasn’t aware of that and actually surprised as I thought they started charging the VAT because it was getting too expensive to pay it and re-ship whole offering free delivery (think that was part of what killed off Movietyme and DVDWorldUSA)

No they had to start charging vat as Uk government started to crack down on overseas companies avoiding adding vat So the likes of wowhd have to show they are complying with Uk vat.rules ,while it’s harder to proof on sites like amazon and eBay

Also why amazon.com started charging vat at about the same time if not a bit sooner then wow did.

I used Rarewaves recently and was very pleased with my experience.

Well over the customs limit and received with no issues, as it was clearly re-posted from within the UK.

The packaging was also nothing like wowhd and chums, I.E: Not crap.

They don't say they are customs friendly,their is the ebay warning,that you are.

Free Economy Delivery from outside UK | See details
International postage of items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges.

Item location:
60502, United States

But as i said never been hit so far :)

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Thank you for your input.

I have taken the plunge, we will see how it goes...

I used Rarewaves recently and was very pleased with my experience.

Well over the customs limit and received with no issues, as it was clearly re-posted from within the UK.

The packaging was also nothing like wowhd and chums, I.E: Not crap.
Received an item from rarewaves and one from wowhd both had same packing and same return address

Attachments

• 4FD34FD6-29BA-41A5-9B01-44E5E7247A34.jpeg
    4FD34FD6-29BA-41A5-9B01-44E5E7247A34.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 474
  • BB3348A3-2442-4A7C-B381-C901FC151024.jpeg
    BB3348A3-2442-4A7C-B381-C901FC151024.jpeg
    286.3 KB · Views: 283
Rogue one arrived 16 days after dispatch. No excess charges. Looks like it was shipped from within uk.
Was expensive but it’s here in perfect condition. Slip and UV code is present as it’s brand new.
Will use again

With Wow’s prices gone way up, are these still customs safe (as far as we know)?

I ordered requiem for a dream and got the usual VAT added on to the list price butthat’s all. Still customs safe at least 2 weeks ago. They post from the U.K. I’m sure so we don’t pay for their overseas transit

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom