Raydons FW for Foxsat:Record 2 channels at once?

ricobasso

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Newbie here.

have just installed RFW 4.1.3 . All went well until I tried to manually set up to record 2 non-freesat channels with 1 hour overlap. It does not seem to allow this. Only the first entry was accepted. Have I missed something?

Hi,

Newbie here.

have just installed RFW 4.1.3 . All went well until I tried to manually set up to record 2 non-freesat channels with 1 hour overlap. It does not seem to allow this. Only the first entry was accepted. Have I missed something?

Never tried this. Are you able to go into non freesat using the box itself, start a non freesat recording and then start a second on a different transponder. I know this worked because I used it long before the CF was available.

Just tried this out, unable to set two recordings from non freesat channels that overlap.

Cant answer that question atm as it is recording raisport 1 which has been labelled as freesat via the channel editor, BUT, on the box itself, while it is currently recording raisport 1, I can change channel to raisport 2 and record that by pushing the red square record button on the Humax remote. So it looks like both tuners are configured in and functional, no?

Cant answer that question atm as it is recording raisport 1 which has been labelled as freesat via the channel editor, BUT, on the box itself, while it is currently recording raisport 1, I can change channel to raisport 2 and record that by pushing the red square record button on the Humax remote. So it looks like both tuners are configured in and functional, no?

Indeed, I have my Foxsat curently recording one none freesat, I will check If I can manually record a second. TBH I doubt many will have tried recording two via the WEbif.

Looks like it's a restriction in the CF rather than a physical one on the box.

Usually Custom Firmware here

Make sure in the CF settings you changed the number of tuners to 2
I seem to recall on install it defaulted 1.

Is that tuners or satellites? I recall setting up 2 satellites but don't recall seeing a tuner setting.

Tuners on the CF. (IIRC, Humax call it 'cables' on the box setup).
You have to have a switch or a steerable dish to get more than one satellite group.

I cant see tuners in the CF. Which screen is it in?

(btw I do have two dishes and a switch)

I cant see tuners in the CF. Which screen is it in?

(btw I do have two dishes and a switch)

Settings - Web Interface Settings - Number of satellite feeds.

Mine has always been set to two - still can't set two non freesat from 28.2E. I imagine the complication of checking multiple recordings especially when diseqc is used is just too complex.

The number of permutations and whether you have one switch or one on each input would require a lot of data. At a guess it was restricted to just a single recording.

Doh! I know that. It's REPASSAC who asked in his post if I checked that the CF was set to two TUNERS. I can't find anywhere in the CF to set the number of tuners.

Doh! I know that. It's REPASSAC who asked in his post if I checked that the CF was set to two TUNERS. I can't find anywhere in the CF to set the number of tuners.

?????

All Foxsat-hdrs have two tuners. Both can be fed by a single cable (single cable mode) or two independent cables.

Single cable mode imposes additional recording restrictions on recording two and watching a third. The CF isn't clever enough to identify exactly what permutations are possible.

?????

All Foxsat-hdrs have two tuners. Both can be fed by a single cable (single cable mode) or two independent cables.

Single cable mode imposes additional recording restrictions on recording two and watching a third. The CF isn't clever enough to identify exactly what permutations are possible.
That's what I thought, so REPASSAC's question and TJT1's subsquent comments were misleading...

That's what I thought, so REPASSAC's question and TJT1's subsquent comments were misleading...
Make sure in the CF settings you changed the number of tuners to 2
I seem to recall on install it defaulted 1.
OK, terminology not quite correct (my 'cables' was), but we were both working from memory and REPASSAC was talking about the CF and I was talking about the standard firmware setup on the box wher you have to tell it whether you have one or two sat feeds.:)

The setting that I was on about is at Menu ~ Settings ~ {Right arrow} ~ RGYBGYB (buttons) ~ Antenna Settings ~ Connection Type. This can be set to 'One Cable', 'Two Cables (Same)' or 'Two Cables (Different)'. On the same main page there is 'Satellite Settings' Where you set up DiSEqC switches etc. And you did say
I recall setting up 2 satellites
As you have actually done this and incorporated a DiSEqC switch(s) you will need the Satellite Settings page to set up the switch(s).

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom