Rear speaker location for 5.1.2

gman15

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a Denon avr-x2400h with monitor audio speakers. Monitor audio mass for centre, left and right. Two monitor audio ceiling speakers directly above listening position for Atmos. The issue I am having is the rear surrounds. My wife dosnt want me mounting the two mass speakers on the wall, I have them temporarily sitting on the window sill. My question is would another pair of ceiling speakers work for the rear surrounds?

No. You have to have a separation between the Atmos layer and the base layer. As such the ideal positioning of the surrounds would be just above a seated head height. You can of course go higher if needs must but placing them in the ceiling is certainly not recommended and should be avoided as the Atmos layer would just blend into those surrounds with no separation.

The issue I am having is the rear surrounds. My wife dosnt want me mounting the two mass speakers on the wall

She won´t let you have them on stands one side walls / rear corners further from the couch? Do you have Gen 1 Mass speakers?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom