Receiver & 4K Firestick

MRabz

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if anybody can help me...
I have a 65” Philips Ambilight TV and it’s connected to my Onkyo HT-S5915 with a brand new 4K HDMI cable.
I have a new 4K Amazon Firestick plugged into the “stream” slot at the back of my AV Receiver and I watch everything on that with perfect picture/sound etc
I don’t use the smart tv or have virgin media/sky connected at all.
I recently purchased a Panasonic 4K player and plugged that into the “blueray/DVD” slot at the back of the AV Receiver with a new 4K HDMI.
When I turn on the 4K player, my AV receiver recognises it and switches to the correct format, displaying the DVD menu screen.
However. After a few second that picture flickers back and forth between TV/blueray and I am unable to watch a DVD.
I’ve tried everything I can think of. Yesterday I discovered that when I removed the Firestick from the back of the receiver, the 4K player works perfectly on its own. It seems as though my Firestick is confusing the AV Receiver somehow?

Try disabling HDMI-CEC in the firestick settings.

I had the problem on an old fireTV box years ago - that got amazon fire device firmly on my 'do not touch with barge pole' list ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom