Answered Recommend an Atmos soundtrack

Yeah the Counjuring 2 is good, forgot about that film. The Gallows also has a good Atmos track which should be cheap enough to pick up now.

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation on bluray is fantastic on Atmos. The opera scenes in particular are a real spatial treat but its demo material throughout IMO.

Definitely Blade Runner, and more because the Atmos remix is probably THE best audio track I own, and not even really because of the overheads (although they are used nicely)
It's just amazing

Transformers Age of Extinction - sounds awesome all the way through at various scenes, but the scene that stands out the most to me is at 45mins just after the car chase when a tranformer chucks a bomb at them when they are running away(in slow mo) OMG sounds fantastic!

Hacksaw Ridge - Just got to love bullets and explosions everywhere!

Last edited:
Some v good suggestions.

On top of those, I also enjoyed American Sniper.

Must be the only one who didn't like the transformers soundtrack at all. Was just noise ramped up to the max for the whole film and made nothing stand out. Actually gave me a headache!

Last edited:
John Wick 2, Bladerunner and Deepwater Horizon have absolutely fantastic Atmos mixes which ace it in three different categories for me.
John Wick 2 - Sheer intensity and aggressive use of the spatial placement available to Atmos.
Bladerunner - Utterly beautiful mix. I could play the opening scene all night on loop and not get bored. :)
Deepwater Horizon - Best for the illusion of "being there" (and really glad not to be!)

Ghost in the shell - the part where she has a fight with the bloke in the water(she is wearing a inadvisability coat) the ATMOS sound is great when the water gets splashed up in slow-mo :thumbsup:

The Legend of Tarzan - Another great film for ATMOS, especially the parts with the Apes swinging through the jungle, sound is everywhere!

The Fifth Element - for a "old" film they have done really well producing the ATMOS track. Especially the part when Milla Jovovich character LeeLoo jumps from the building and lands in the taxi of Bruce Willis, then getting chased from the cops. With all the other cars whizzing around them the sound is great!

Last edited:
Jupiter Ascending 3d,some demo stuff in there,Gravity 3d with Atmos track,remux obviously;)
you cant beat Atmos with a bit of 3d,Star Trek Into Darkness 4k

Transformers the last knight has fantastic atmos audio and kong skull island too

1F9CDDEF-10AD-466C-A28D-28A84DCB39BF.jpeg
Oblivion​

Surely it would be easier (and a much shorter) to list all the films with a bad Atmos track.

You have best answer sir as there are not many poor Atmos mix out there as I find all better than the 7.1 versions . Not just the added heights but from all channels , just more dynamic and precise for me and it really does add a 3D aspect to the soundstage. This fella gets it :).

Last edited:
Um, seeing that this thread was titled "Recommend an Atmos soundtrack". We did!

Not an Atmos track, rather DTS:X but Patriot's Day has one of the best immersive mixes I've heard.

The environmental effects, the music going through the surrounds, it never lets up. Excellent.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom