Recommend an Efficient Mask

I've been using an old valved FFP2 dust mask which I bought from Wickes over 10 years ago for various jobs around the house. Only about a quid back then iirc.

It does get stuffy and uncomfortable, so I've now got a couple of these ...
and this Adidas 3-pack with 30% off and free delivery (have to first join their "Creators club", which is free), also available in black ...
wanted to get one of these, but they're out of stock for now ...
... all washable/reusable/non-medical

I've got one of these, which has been quite comfortable:

I know some masks are next to useless in blocking the virus; but I'm not sure which one is the most appropriate. Many types of masks are sold out. I want one to wear one when shopping in a supermarket. Thanks.

Hi there, N99 masks are effective at blocking particulate matter (including viruses) - I bought some for me and my family on this website - they still have some in stock I believe.
Respilon R-Shield | Cambridge Mask Pro
They have quite a bit of information on there if you want to read more about the different masks and how they work, it's quite interesting.

Hi there, N99 masks are effective at blocking particulate matter (including viruses) - I bought some for me and my family on this website - they still have some in stock I believe.
They have quite a bit of information on there if you want to read more about the different masks and how they work, it's quite interesting.
At this stage of the Pandemic I would not recommend such respirators to ordinary users. Sure if you are in a highly infected environment and need to be up close and personal it can make sense. But they are not easy to breathe with, nor allow for a long walk or anything. I would say that for the vast majority it is overkill at this moment in time.

I actually find mine comfortable to wear - I wear mine when I do my big weekly shop at the supermarket and when I use public transport and haven't had a problem with it so far. I like the fact that it contains a filter and isn't just a layer of fabric covering my face. So I would recommend, personally.

Welcome to AVF, interesting first post. Good commission plan with FX Health? ;)

I just ordered one of these :)

Not surprised they’re still available to order at that price :rotfl:

Home Bargains are doing a box of 50 disposable for £10 & reusable spandex for £2

As a result, we found that hybrid combinations of cloths such as high threads-per-inch cotton along with silk, chiffon, or flannel can provide broad filtration coverage across both the nanoscale (<300 nm) and micron scale (300 nm to 6 μm) range, likely due to the combined effects of electrostatic and physical filtering.

Purchased one of the blue U-Masks last weekend and was pleasantly surprised that it arrived within 2 working days. Finding it comfy plus it’s not causing my spectacles to mist up quite so much as previous cotton one from Etsy.

Not splashed out on a matching leather jack like Nicolas Cage though :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom