Recommend me a Blu-ray to replace my Denon 2910

Thrupnibits

Im dead chuffed with my Denon DVD 2910 so what should I replace it with in the Blu-ray format?

Also, do Blu-ray player handle SACD?

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
Not many players handle SACD or DVD-Audio I'm afraid. Depending on your amplifier and how you have your 2910 connected and what your amplifier supports, it may be worthwhile keeping the 2910 for SACD duties.

There are not huge differences between players on Blu-ray for 24p films, and the cheapest one currently available with SACD support is the imported Oppo at around £600. Prices shoot up steeply after that for Denon and Marantz players, but these are all 4 figures.

There is a Cambridge Audio player coming in the new year that will do SACD and DVD-Audio, based on the same chipset as the Oppo, but we don't know pricing or whether it'll be any good.

sapper

+1 for the Oppo

The oppo is great value as an all round truly universal player.

Down side is that you cannot demo it anywhere! (unless you know some one who owns it!)

Adrian

Not many players handle SACD or DVD-Audio I'm afraid. Depending on your amplifier and how you have your 2910 connected and what your amplifier supports, it may be worthwhile keeping the 2910 for SACD duties.

There are not huge differences between players on Blu-ray for 24p films, and the cheapest one currently available with SACD support is the imported Oppo at around £600. Prices shoot up steeply after that for Denon and Marantz players, but these are all 4 figures.

There is a Cambridge Audio player coming in the new year that will do SACD and DVD-Audio, based on the same chipset as the Oppo, but we don't know pricing or whether it'll be any good.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom