Recommend me a midrange (1080p) Sony Blu-ray player.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m after a midrange Sony Blu-ray player as currently I have both a Panasonic 1080p player and a Panasonic 4k player. I use a harmony remote and it’s frustrating as it activates both players. The Sony should be just a basic 1080p player.
Cheeers!

Hi guys, I’m after a midrange Sony Blu-ray player as currently I have both a Panasonic 1080p player and a Panasonic 4k player. I use a harmony remote and it’s frustrating as it activates both players. The Sony should be just a basic 1080p player.
Cheeers!
Panasonic players can be set to use of three different remote codes for the circumstances you describe. Have you tried setting up the Harmony in that way?

Panasonic players can be set to use of three different remote codes. Have you tried setting up the Harmony in that way?
Ooh no I didn’t know that! Do you know how?

Ub420 for the uhd player, not sure on the 1080p version.

Ub420 for the uhd player, not sure on the 1080p version.
420 has remote code change function so you'd only need to change that to code 2 or 3 and leave the other player on default (code 1).
1. On UB420 Setup: System: Remote code change to 2 or 3
2. Change remote code on remote to same as set for the player
I have more than one recorder/player and my remote is controlling all of my units.

You'd then need a set of Harmony codes for remote code 2 or 3 (or use it as a learning remote and enter everything that way using the changed Panasonic remote as the source).

Excellent, thank you very much!

Excellent, thank you very much!
Forgot to say panasonic remote commands are pretty much shared across all their players part from some of the later ones which have added specific buttons not on earlier remotes. This means you don't need to get remote code 2 specifically for the ub420 as any other player may well suit. Then just add any missing commands via learning function. I used to control a UB700 (released 2016) with BD60 commands (from 2009) on my Harmony.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom