Recommendation for Blu-ray to replace HTPC

martyn_wheeler

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My old WMC PC is reaching its last legs and I am looking to put it into retirement. The family have now decided to go to the dark side and we now have a sky box to watch our TV on but need something for playing movies (Blu-ray and DVD). I would like something which also has the functionality to stream video content and audio from my NAS box as well as access to online content (only really bothered about iplayer, allfour, Netflix and amazon instant) via a nice easy to use and wife-friendly interface. Not really interested in 3D or 4k as my TV doesn't support either and not planning on upgrading for a while. I can connect via Ethernet so doesn't need wifi.

Looking around review sites has sent my head into a spin with the vast array of models and I thought I might benefit from the collective wisdom of avforums in narrowing down my choices. Looking to pay up to around £150? So far I have looked at SAMSUNG BDH6500, TOSHIBA BDX5500, PANASONIC DMPBDT370EB, and PIONEER BDP450.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Cheers, Martyn

These days Blu-ray players won't play content ripped from Blu-ray discs because of a copy protection system called Cinavia, best be aware of this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom