Red Dwarf 1-8 BluRay

If you never had the DVDs then this set is a must have for any fan, having the DVDs of 1-8 and the OOP Bodysnatcher set means the only benefit of the set for me would be the slightly improved picture and at this time its not enough to make me drop £36 on it but no denying it’s incredible value for money.

What’s the OOP bodysnatcher? I’m not familiar?

What’s the OOP bodysnatcher? I’m not familiar?

It was a release of the Remastered versions of Series 1-3, new documentaries for Series 1 and 2 and the unproduced ‘Bodysnatcher’ episode which was animated with Chris Barrie doing the voices.

All the extras that were exclusive to the set are included on a bonus disc in the Blu-Ray set but the Remastered episodes are still exclusive to the OOP set.

I bought the DVD set that came in a large box,like an LP no extras,so will upgrade for the extras ? :)

One of the few releases where I watch the extras quite regularly as the documentaries are so well produced plus I like to go through each series with the audio commentaries on as some of the stuff they come out with is better than the episode in question lol

Seeing reports of an encoding error with Series 3 and 5 so might want to hold off on it.

The BBC has finally acknowledged the issue with the Series 3 and 5 BDs after being very dismissive of the whole thing for weeks and will be doing a replacement scheme...

Thank you for your continued patience while we investigated the issue with the Red Dwarf Blu-ray set.

After a comprehensive review with all our suppliers involved in the manufacturing of this product we have now identified the source of the problem. De-interlacing did occur at tape to digital capture stage with one of the suppliers. This was not part of the Blu-ray authoring process as we originally had reason to believe.

The mastering of this release was a multistage process involving three separate suppliers. I hope you will understand that it would be inappropriate for us to say specifically where this fault occurred as we are remedying this with the company concerned.

We have started the process of recreating the masters and re-authoring these discs which will take approximately six weeks.

Details of how to obtain your replacement can be obtained by e-mailing our customer support line at [email protected]. If you have any problems obtaining your replacement product please feel free to contact me direct to sort out.

I truly am sorry the discs were not correct to start with and thank you for drawing this to our attention.

Very best,

Andrew Moultrie

Bugger,just bought it,hopefully the replacement will start soon,any links Thanks :)

Shoot off an email to the address above and they will provide you with all necessary info.

I noticed it with series 3 and 5 and didn’t let it get to me but it was very badly noticeable. Thanks for the heads up. I’ve just emailed.

Well they did say at the start of March it would be 5-6 weeks so was always going to be May at the earliest.

Got an email reply from the BBC a couple of weeks ago myself that stated 5-6 weeks for the replacement discs to arrive.

The set is currently available for £20 from chili.com using code SPRING50

CHILI

My set is due for delivery Monday, pleasantly surprised by this company than I had never heard of this time last week lol

Question now is what do I do with my old DVDs? I know most are worth next to nothing but I have the Collectors Editions of Series 5 and 8 might be worth something and I have the Bodysnatcher Collection which I mainly only have for the documentaries so tempted to sell that too.

I’ve still got my dvds as a backup.

Netflix is my backup lol

I don’t like having multiple copies of the same thing which was why I sold my DVDs when upgrading to Blu-Ray and sold the Blu-Rays when upgrading to UHD plus shelf space is at a premium.

Got an email reply from the BBC a couple of weeks ago myself that stated 5-6 weeks for the replacement discs to arrive.

I'd be inclined to contact them about the packaging. I bought Tom Baker's first Dr Who season and two of those discs had to be replaced. They came loosely wrapped in bubble wrap. I was not impressed.

20180927_130819.jpg

Bri

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom