Red Dwarf 1-8 BluRay

:eek:

Also came across them the other day,order a few discs in their SPRING50 sale,hopefully everything goes ok :)

Couldn’t find anything else on there I wanted lol

Is it gonna be the new discs though? Turn around time on the old ones is sh*t

New discs are not ready yet and won’t be for another month or so and then it’s anyone's guess if/when the set will be re-issued with them.

Last edited:
My set is due for delivery Monday, pleasantly surprised by this company than I had never heard of this time last week lol

Question now is what do I do with my old DVDs? I know most are worth next to nothing but I have the Collectors Editions of Series 5 and 8 might be worth something and I have the Bodysnatcher Collection which I mainly only have for the documentaries so tempted to sell that too.

Indy - let us know what you think of the set please?

Like most, I have all the DVD's of Series 1-8 and to say they look average on a 65" screen is being kind.

The fact that the CHILI set will still include the wrongly-authored discs put me off, even at £20, as I just can't be bothered to see what the BBC do with the whole replacement discs debacle. I'd rather just buy the set fully fixed from the outset.

I know they're upscales and not proper HD, but it would be worth knowing whether to invest in this and ditch the DVD's at some point in the future.

Thanks!

Indy - let us know what you think of the set please?

Like most, I have all the DVD's of Series 1-8 and to say they look average on a 65" screen is being kind.

The fact that the CHILI set will still include the wrongly-authored discs put me off, even at £20, as I just can't be bothered to see what the BBC do with the whole replacement discs debacle. I'd rather just buy the set fully fixed from the outset.

I know they're upscales and not proper HD, but it would be worth knowing whether to invest in this and ditch the DVD's at some point in the future.

Thanks!

When the set was first released I saw some comparison shots of the DVDs to the Blu-rays and Series 6 looked like a decent upgrade but then the news of the authoring error 'among other issues which won't be fixed' appeared which put me off getting it but for £20 I figured it was worth a look, copy should be waiting for me at home assuming one of the neighbours doesn't have it away lol

Code above doesn't work any more. That's a shame - I'm not paying £40.

Anybody heard anything more on replacement discs yet ? :)

Just put this post up,and get a reply from BBC.

Dear Simon

Thank you for your email.

These are still in the process of being created and we will have an updated timeframe for you as soon as possible.

Regards

BBC DVD Support

Last edited:
Received this email only 10 minutes before you posted lol

Dear Andrew

Thank you for your email.

We will look in to an update timeframe for when the corrected discs will be available for replacements.

Regards

BBC DVD Support

So sounds like they are still working on them.

Took them long enough to admit there was even a problem lol

I guess if it were simply an issue with the Blu-ray encode it would be fairly straight forward to fix and re-issue but with the problem being at the original tape -> digital transfer stage they need to go back and re-do everything from scratch.

Talk about dragging it out

It was never going to be a quick fix, if it had been just an encoding error it would have still taking weeks to sort it and manufacture the discs but they had to go back to the master tapes, re-transfer them, do all the post work again and then get it signed off by the relevant parties.

They can take as long as they need as long as they get it right.

Replacement discs have started to arrive.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom