Red Dwarf 1-8 BluRay

I'd be inclined to contact them about the packaging. I bought Tom Baker's first Dr Who season and two of those discs had to be replaced. They came loosely wrapped in bubble wrap. I was not impressed.

View attachment 1140047

Bri

Did your replacements come better packed than those I showed in this pic?

Bri

They seemed to have all arrived in plastic wallets in a white jiffy bag with a 2nd class stamp.

Last edited:
Mine have arrived also. Same packaging as what everyone else has had.

I got my replacements discs for Series III Disc 1 and Series V Disc 1 on Tuesday (or it might have been Wednesday!), ironically just after contacting the BBC again to find out what was happening with these since it had been 4 months since they sent an email to me saying that it would take 4-6 weeks to redo the discs.

While not 100% protected, my arrived unscathed in a small white jiffy bag with each disc in a separate plastic wallet sleeve.

Now £23.40 at amazon. Out of stock - 13 available when I ordered at 9 a.m. - but more due in a few days. Mine will probably be the original version with faulty discs, so I will have to reread this thread to find how to check the discs and get replacements. :)

UPDATE: Amazon will deliver my set today. I found a good article about the disc errors here, which includes a simple check using the Series 5 disc.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
OOS and no delivery date, I have gone for it now, I assume waiting for new discs?

OOS and no delivery date, I have gone for it now, I assume waiting for new discs?

I wouldn't just assume that when it comes back in stock that it will include the fixed discs.

I ordered mine on Monday after seeing the post above. It was out of stock and showing 1-2 weeks at the time but now it says "out for delivery" today.
I'll test the discs in question and report back for anyone who's interested.

Last edited:
Just had a thought.....for those that have received the replacement discs, is there any way to tell them apart from the faulty ones?
Maybe one of the numbers printed round the edge is different?

Just had a thought.....for those that have received the replacement discs, is there any way to tell them apart from the faulty ones?
Maybe one of the numbers printed round the edge is different?

Series III Disc 1 Faulty Disc # A0103122988-B911 1000
Corrected Disc # A0103174585-B911 1000

Series V Disc 1 Faulty Disc # A0103123169-B912 1000
Corrected Disc # A0103174596-B912 1000

That is good news indeed.

Thanks for those faulty/corrected disc numbers, Indiana Jones. My set contains the corrected discs. :)

Hi, I've been holding off buying this set because I heard there were issues, am I right in thinking buying from Amazon now will have the new (fixed disc's) included?,
Is it just 2 disc's total that people have been getting replacements for?

Cheers.

Series III Disc 1 Faulty Disc # A0103122988-B911 1000
Corrected Disc # A0103174585-B911 1000

Series V Disc 1 Faulty Disc # A0103123169-B912 1000
Corrected Disc # A0103174596-B912 1000

Hi, I've been holding off buying this set because I heard there were issues, am I right in thinking buying from Amazon now will have the new (fixed disc's) included?,
Is it just 2 disc's total that people have been getting replacements for?

Cheers.

Yes and Yes

Thread bump!

Just bought this Box Set via Amazon Marketplace and, disappointingly, it contains the faulty discs.:( I was hoping after nearly two years that I'd get a set that didn't, especially as the Seller didn't mention this in their listing.

Anyway, does anyone know if the BBC are still running their disc replacement programme (@Indiana Jones)? I've written to them already via the link provided in this Thread, but I'm not holding much hope for it after all this time.

I've also written to the Seller asking for a full refund without returning it because, well, why not?! It's a lot of hassle for me to return this and I suppose the best result would be replacement discs from the BBC + a partial refund. But if you don't ask, you don't get!

Oh, and just how bad do the faulty discs look? Can I live with it?

To be fair to the seller they might not have even been aware of the issue, there was never a recall of the set or retailers informing buyers that they had identified a fault it was entirely up to those of us in the know spreading the word.

Quick update: the Seller has offered me a full refund, I'm impressed!

Okay, but that still leaves me with two faulty discs. I hope the BBC can also come through now as I really don't want to buy this all over again.

So if it's in the wrong place, then I do apologise.

My query: I've just bought the Blu-Ray Box Set of "Red Dwarf: 1-8" to replace my DVD collection which came in eight individual cases with booklets.

The booklets are actually really good and I'd like to keep them, but there's no space for them in the Blu-Ray Box.

Does anyone know of a slim DVD-sized storage case they could direct me towards that I could use to store the eight booklets on the shelf next to the Blu-Ray Box?

Thanks!

I guess they'd probably fit okay into a Scanavo case (22mm might be the most appropriate size for 8 booklets? Or 32mm?) if you're happy for them to be loose rather than clipped?

I guess they'd probably fit okay into a Scanavo case (22mm might be the most appropriate size for 8 booklets? Or 32mm?) if you're happy for them to be loose rather than clipped?
Yes, I don't mind if they're loose!

Do you have a link please?

Actually, no need!

I think this might do:

But this might be even better:

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!:)

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom