Rega Fono Mini A2D Mk2

Sinialtstar

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi There
1st, apologies if this is in the wrong section I did't know where was best to post this.

I currently have a Audio Technica AT-LP5 Turntable using the turntables built in pre-amp, that is connected to a Sony MCH-S3 (I know it's a mini HIFI system however its sound (CD, streaming, and radio) and build quality is phenomenally good)

Anyway I always thought that the sound from the turntable could be improved upon so I started looking at external pre-amps and I after a bit of research (reviews on what hifi and "user reviews" on Amazon) and a couple of strong drinks thrown into the mix I have purchased the above preamp.

The question is, has anyone here used the above amp, or do they have a turntable like mine and used a pre-amp and noticed a improvement in the sound. or am I likely to be wasting time and money in trying to improve the sound with this or any other pre-amp?

Many Thanks in advance.

Probably one for the stereo forums, but the Rega Fono Mini won’t be a huge upgrade, you need to be looking at the Rega Fono Mk3 before you’ll notice a difference and I’d say the rest of you system is a hugely limiting factor. If you are happy with the way things sound, then just enjoy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom