phargrave

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have the Kef 20005.2 eggs and the PSW210 subwoofer which I am thinking of replacing with the REL, which I have obtained from a friend.

Would this make a notable difference compared to the original Kef sub and is it recommended to connect to high level input (via neutrik cable) or low level or both? I was under the impression that the neutrik cable connection was mainly for use with large speaker, so maybe overkill for the eggs.

Any advice on this matter would be really appreciated

That's something of a beast of the sub for the little Eggs. Connect by LFE. Phase to 0, crossover to maximum, I would also set 'slam' to a low point initially. Have your original volume to around 10 o'clock and run your room correction.

What receiver are you using?

Set all speakers to small. Do as above and re-run Audyssey. You'll be looking to get that sub into a -12dB to a +12dB reading. A -6dB would be good enough.

Set all speakers to small. Do as above and re-run Audyssey. You'll be looking to get that sub into a -12dB to a +12dB reading. A -6dB would be good enough.
Cheers Gibbsy, read on REL site that they recommend to have sub located in the corner of the room..?

REL subs are designed to go into a corner. You may have to experiment with positioning in the corner and an inch either way can and does make a difference. I have a REL sub, not as big as the 100 but it performs better around five inches away from the walls.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom